John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes #1  

RedBKM

Tractor
Farmall 504, Farmall Super C, Ford 3000, Same Falcon, John Deere 850
I recently purchased an 850 with factory dual remotes. I'm a large person and the levers hit my leg. Additionally, both valve bodies are leaking. I want to delete the remotes completely. I only run a mower and have other machines with loader.

I've found the replacement "cap" that has no ports. This deletes 2 of 3 lines. The line on the left side gets plugged. Is there anything I'm missing? I might sell the kit and I want to be sure the next guy gets what he needs.

IMG_20240313_212341738.jpg

IMG_20240402_212516651.jpg

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes #2  
Are you big and tall too? It might be best to raise the seat some.

The Yanmar YM2500 is the same machine as the JD850. One is red, the other green.

Here is a person who is big and tall. His solution was to raise the seat.

1712180487930.png

WHY mess with pipes and fittings over 40 years old? The chances of having forever leaks gets higher.
Then burping out all of the trapped air pockets is a real pain on these machines.

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes
Thanks for the reply. I like that idea for pedal room but does that Yanmar machine have remote levers? Maybe its an optical illusion but I only see a lift lever. Mine looks like this. Note the location of the left lever.
IMG_20240404_212805611.jpg

Anyway, I'm already leaking from both valves so I'll take my chances on removing some lines.

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes #4  
maybe a stupid question, can't you just remove the lever's?

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes #6  
Thanks for the reply. I like that idea for pedal room but does that Yanmar machine have remote levers? Maybe its an optical illusion but I only see a lift lever. Mine looks like this. Note the location of the left lever.
View attachment 860861

Anyway, I'm already leaking from both valves so I'll take my chances on removing some lines.
The Yanmar lift-lever is just like the Deere 850/950/1050 traveling on the top of the curve. It's worse for the seat. Your lift-lever is on the side of the swing. Having the seat a tad higher would keep the lift-lever as-is and a tad longer to reach.

/ John Deere 850 - Converting from dual remote to no remotes #7  
I know the Yanmar YM2500 has 4 PTO Gears and 2 shift levers. Thats what I was thinking those levers was for? looking at them they are in a different location. Fredricks equipment refurbished tractor. The YM2500 and the 850 has the same motor 1.3L 25Hp. and 8 Spd. Trans. though. You really had to watch how you shifted the 2500 PTO and select the correct position for 540.. It didn't really bother me and wish I put more seat time on it and always wondered What the 4gear PTO. was like. Had to be super crazy fast. If I had the Yanmar tiller still back then I would have done it!