Loader John Deere 4010

/ John Deere 4010 #11  
jenkinsph
I agree as I've witnessed many 3020/4020 wide frts with loaders that the factory frt axles have lasted very well. It gets back to what I stated earlier

"Some people can tear up an anvil in a sand pile"

/ John Deere 4010 #12  
Farmer Frank, thanks for the input this is the first I've ever heard of the front end being light. Did you add the loader to your 4010 yourself or was it purchased with one.
When I boutht the 4020, it had a Farm Hand loader. The front end was too light to handle a one ton bale or a buckt full of wet soil. A 4050 front end replaced the light stock 4020 front end. It works very well. Compare the 4020 frond end w/the 4050. Much differance. I love my 4020 power shift, especially for baling. The Farm Hand cylinders are pretty light wt. If you bump them with something while lifting, they dent pretty easy. I have to run the rear pto in order for the front pump to work, seems to work ok, but seems like a lot of were on the rear one for doing nothing but turning. I have to engauge the baler to lift the bucket, that's kind of inconvenient.

/ John Deere 4010 #13  
I have to run the rear pto in order for the front pump to work, seems to work ok, but seems like a lot of were on the rear one for doing nothing but turning. I have to engauge the baler to lift the bucket, that's kind of inconvenient.

Frank
I never knew there was any correlation to pto operation and hyd's on a 4020 except 1 thing. The pto brake piston( AR39774 BRAKE SHOE) must have a very large leak robbing the trans pump output. The trans pump operates on a 4020 PS no matter if the pto is engaged or disengaged? What type baler is making these 1 ton(2000 #) bales?

/ John Deere 4010 #14  
My front end loader runs of an auxillary pump. In order to enguage it, I have to turn rear pto on. All kinds of balers make one ton square or round bales. This one happens to be a Heston.

/ John Deere 4010 #15  
Some of the largest rd & sq balers may have the capability to make a 1 ton bale but I'll bet the greatest percentage of large rd & sq bales won't come close to actually being used to make a bake weighing a ton. I know for sure the bales being hauled into Texas from the North & East during this drought will be lucky if they get to 1/2 ton(1000#s). Some aren't weighing 700#s!!!!!!!!!!!

/ John Deere 4010
Thought I'd add this pic showing the tractor after I installed the loader. I decided not to attempt to hookup the valve, I'm having my mechanic tackle that for me.

Attachments

• image-3827254031.png
    image-3827254031.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 935
   / John Deere 4010 #17  
That is a good looking 4010! Up here we rarely see the clamshell fenders. Too much mud in the spring. If you have ever had a 5 lb ball of mud hit you in the head shortly after getting on the road you will understand. She looks good !!! Congratulations!!

/ John Deere 4010 #19  
That is a great looking picture of a 4010 and the loader install looks great too.:thumbsup: You will enjoy that tractor for sure.