John Deere 3520 -- Questions

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I've been searching for a tractor for several years and saving up. I have been in the 35-40 HP range, cabbed. I local dealer just posted a 2010 John Deere 3520, 2100 hours, factory cab, a/c, heat and bucket for $26,000.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / John Deere 3520 -- Questions #2  
Why is it cabbled?

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #3  
That seems high for that many hours but check Tractorhouse to compare.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions
I checked online, most are 35k that have about 1100 hours.

I'm not familiar with Deere, just like the options and HP + price range. What seems high about it? Just trying to learn.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #6  
I looked up the specs it looks like a decent tractor with good specs but I have no direct knowledge of that model or its prices. My initial reaction was it seemed high for the number of hours but if it was well maintained it will have a lot of life in it. Prices on new and used have shot up in the last few years.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #7  
I've been searching for a tractor for several years and saving up. I have been in the 35-40 HP range, cabbed. I local dealer just posted a John Deere 3520, 2100 hours, factory cab, a/c, heat and bucket for $26,000.

Thoughts?
If it is in good shape and appears to be well-maintained, that seems like a reasonable price. What model year is it and which loader? For additional reference, see:

I wish I had a cab on my 3520...

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions
It's a 2010. This is a copy of their write-up:
2010 John Deere 3520 tractor with 37 horsepower diesel engine, 4WD, 3 range hydrostatic transmission. Category I 3-point hitch and 30 horsepower at the rear PTO. Cab comes with heat, A/C, and front/rear lights. R4 industrial tires. Mesh grill guard. 300CX loader with 1,360 lbs lifting capacity and bucket with cutting edge and 3 bucket hooks. 2,100 hours.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #9  
Seems like a fair price to me. you can always ask if he can either work a little on the price. or see if he will throw in a used implement or 2. it doesn't hurt to ask. I recently bought a jd 4700. and ask if they could sweeten the deal a bit. I had shown interest in almost new 72 inch grooming mower. he threw it in as part of the deal at no extra cost. The hours wouldn't bother me at all. those yanmar engines are amazing.

/ John Deere 3520 -- Questions #10  
Price seems fair. My JD3720 has been a good tractor but has 2 issues.
1. PTO selector for front to rear to both shifts real hard.
2. Air cleaner plugs fast with snow when using front mount snow blower.

Cab has very nice fit, finish, and comfort