John Deere 333D Skid Steer Bent SSQA

/ John Deere 333D Skid Steer Bent SSQA #1  

kwbretired

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 485, John Deere 5425, & John Deere Skid Steer 333D
I went to use my skid steer the other day & noticed the bucket was acting strange, was moving around. I had just put the 4in1 bucket on & was plowing the dirt with the teeth to loosen up rocks to be removed. When l raised the bucket to try & see why it was moving around it fell off on one side. I remounted the bucket & it fell off again on the same side. I tried to mount it again & noticed the SSQA wasn’t fully engaging in the bucket. I took the bucket off to see what was going on & thats when l noticed the SSQA was bent in two directions. Can this be fixed or is a new SSQA needed? If a new one is needed about how much $$$ am l looking at?

/ John Deere 333D Skid Steer Bent SSQA #2  
What are you talking about? The SSQA on the bucket or the SSQA on the Steer? Pictures would help.

I'm converting my homemade FEL on the Kubota to the Steer SSQA and already have a grapple and forks in SSQA. On the tractor side alone, I'll have about $200 invested in the latches. Yours will be much higher for Steer OEM parts.

/ John Deere 333D Skid Steer Bent SSQA
IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG

I bought the replacement part today for $1079. I haven’t figured out how to get the piece off the skid steer arms yet. I’ve got the bolts out but there is a sleeve that l think needs to be driven out but haven’t had any luck so far.

/ John Deere 333D Skid Steer Bent SSQA #4  
You might want to take the old part by a good welding/repair shop. There might be hope for a repair. Drop by the dealer and see if the parts guy can print out a copy of the parts breakdown, that is unless you can get a mechanic to explain the disassembly process.

I wound up bringing the machine to John Deere for them to repair but was told 3 weeks to get back. Couldn’t wait 3 weeks so got the mechanic to show me how to get it off. He suggested to heat the arm where the pin goes through then drive the pin out to the inside. Brought it back to the barn andloord behold the heat worked. Got both pins out & proceeded to install the new piece. Back in business.
I did bring the old bent piece to a local machinist to straighten. Think l should have it back by next week.

I finally got the quick attach back from the machinist repaired. He was able to straighten and reweld. So now l have a spare incase l bend the new one. I did it once so l figure l can do it again.