John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP!

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP! #1  

ceriderf

Tractor
Deere subcompact
Battling with some roots from a large stump I pulled the bucket to the left and heard a loud snap! A friend saw the picture and thought the weld wasn't complete and offered to try and weld it back. The replacement part LVA14995 is $500.00 (SWING CYLINDER ST150490). Anybody have an idea how to take the cylinder rod out? I'm guessing just hammer the pin down (the retaining pin is already bent out of place) to pull the bushing out. The cylinder rod itself looks like there's a special tool to remove the guide? It has two holes in it and looks like there might be special wrench that fits it. Any ideas on how to get it off without that special wrench?
Thanks!

IMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5678.jpg
IMG_5679.JPG
IMG_5680.JPG

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP! #2  
You need a gland wrench to unscrew the gland nut. Amazon has them. A good welder can build one. The gland will unscrew, the rod & piston can them=n be removed from the barrel. Looks like the rod may be bent to me. A machine shop can build a new rod. If you weld it protect the chrome on the rod from splatter.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP! #3  
With the way that pin retainer bent, I think you have some other issue going on too.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP! #4  
You don’t need to remove the rod to weld it just extend it all the way and wrap a wet towel around it. It looks bent to me be sure to check it.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP! #5  
It looks like a weld and continue on.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe swing cylinder - SNAP!
Thanks for all the replies! So I determined that the retainer pin bent and pulled the pin upward so that the bushing lost stability on the lower mount. When I applied force the bushing was only held in place at the top by the pin and the uneven force caused the rod to snap. A friend can weld it back (the rod is not bent, looks like it from the picture but it is straight) all I have to do is remove it and bring it to his shop. My tractor is to big to bring it there so I'll have to remove the cylinder. LOL