john deere 2 series

/ john deere 2 series #21  
I am certain from test drives in the past 2 months with close inspection of Kubota B2601, LX2610s and LX3310s that the equivalent "pro-sumer" 25hp Kubota's are not made in the USA. And here is a video with the Japanese crate the LX2610's predecessor B2650 came in: Complete Kubota B2650 Build - YouTube Kubota's equivalent 25hp machines are entirely assembled in Japan and shipped in crates to the US, except the tires and a few bit of relatively minor hardware "popcorn parts" that are put on in the US "port" to be able to claim "assembled in the USA". True, many of the larger Kubotas have sub-assemblies from the US and larger 3xxx and above may be assembled in Jefferson, GA. So kindly please show proof if you want to discuss further rationally. Folks interested in this thread for the Deere 2 series deserve the full picture.

Last edited:
   / john deere 2 series #22  
Kubota's equivalent 25hp machines are entirely assembled in Japan and shipped in crates to the US

Folks interested in this thread for the Deere 2 series deserve the full picture.

Who cares what Kubota does. Solid machine with a great reputation.

The Yanmar subsidiary that makes transmissions for the 1 and 2 series has a facility in the US and that is where Deere gets the transmissions from. So the transmissions are about as american made as a BMW or Honda.

/ john deere 2 series #23  
My understanding after watching the Tractor Time With Tim video where he toured the JD factory was the transmission was not Yanmar made but made in the US.

/ john deere 2 series #24  
I bought an "almost new" 2025R built in Feb 2020. and now for the irony... In that month, COVID hit, I lost my job of 12 years, then the compact tractor market went to heck with dramatic supply and demand imbalance. The new market is still whacked out... But my deal was done private sale in November 2020... Sure, I wish for more loader capacity on some jobs, but otherwise just admire the Deere 2025R's ability to handle all the projects I throw at it with FEL and 3pt work. Also drove Kubota, Massey and Kioti machines at 25 to 26hp range... The Kioti CK2610 was a beast in FEL hydraulics and stability / weight that should have won, but I just couldn't look at the Korean orange paint for years with a clear conscience. Further, the import "crate tractor" Kubota and Massey foreign supply chains couldn't supply new product which didn't inspire confidence in the long run on support and maintenance. 'Merica.

Is Korean applied green better for the conscience?

/ john deere 2 series #25  
My understanding after watching the Tractor Time With Tim video where he toured the JD factory was the transmission was not Yanmar made but made in the US.
It is made/assembled in the US but the company is from Japan.

TRANSAXLE MANUFACTURING OF AMERICA CORPORATION. Is owned by Kanzaki a subsidiary of Yanmar.

Kubota even has a facility in Gainesville, GA.

I don't know of a fully US made compact tractor, ever. Japan and Korea have been making them for decades so it makes perfect sense to use these and repackage them for US manufacturer's. John Deere and pretty much all the others buy from Japan and Korea and make a lot of money doing it.

/ john deere 2 series #26  
It is made/assembled in the US but the company is from Japan.

TRANSAXLE MANUFACTURING OF AMERICA CORPORATION. Is owned by Kanzaki a subsidiary of Yanmar.

Kubota even has a facility in Gainesville, GA.

I don't know of a fully US made compact tractor, ever. Japan and Korea have been making them for decades so it makes perfect sense to use these and repackage them for US manufacturer's. John Deere and pretty much all the others buy from Japan and Korea and make a lot of money doing it.

Even the older small Internationals were partly offshore going back to the 70s. Nissan diesels in em
SO WHAT

/ john deere 2 series #27  
I vowed to myself to never buy a tractor that is not from Japan. Because they work and never let me down.