john deere 2 series

/ john deere 2 series #41  
JD is an American company and pays taxes here kubota isn't, not sure about mf.

AGCO (Massey) is a US firm, but all the 1825E and 172x series I test drove were certainly assembled in Indonesia for the tractor. The tires were a US brand name, though don't recall the manufacturing facilities. Don't recall the loader assembly. Dealer was out of stock roughly from July through October when I bought always hoping some would come in since it's been a sellers market for equipment in COVID.

Didn't mean to cause an uproar, but had to share the facts on JD standing as the tallest of the pygmies when it comes to consumer/small farmer level diesel compact/sub compact tractors. The green paint costs more at equivalent functionality/HP/frame sizes, BUT it's going to be serviceable as long as you care to keep up with it or longer. That's the advantage of their business model... long term value. At the moment, I'm about to take a neighbors 1980s Shibaura/Ford 1210 tractor to a New Holland dealer in hopes they can revive it... Both brands are dead in the US and the 1210 doesn't feel so good itself! If it were a Deere, I could have still ordered the vast majority of maintenance and wear parts needed via mail order.

/ john deere 2 series #42  
AGCO (Massey) is a US firm, but all the 1825E and 172x series I test drove were certainly assembled in Indonesia for the tractor. The tires were a US brand name, though don't recall the manufacturing facilities. Don't recall the loader assembly. Dealer was out of stock roughly from July through October when I bought always hoping some would come in since it's been a sellers market for equipment in COVID.

Didn't mean to cause an uproar, but had to share the facts on JD standing as the tallest of the pygmies when it comes to consumer/small farmer level diesel compact/sub compact tractors. The green paint costs more at equivalent functionality/HP/frame sizes, BUT it's going to be serviceable as long as you care to keep up with it or longer. That's the advantage of their business model... long term value. At the moment, I'm about to take a neighbors 1980s Shibaura/Ford 1210 tractor to a New Holland dealer in hopes they can revive it... Both brands are dead in the US and the 1210 doesn't feel so good itself! If it were a Deere, I could have still ordered the vast majority of maintenance and wear parts needed via mail order.

There are many after market Shibaura parts available, but I am certain the New Holland dealer will not be the place to source them