Jinma Seat Pivot Bearings

/ Jinma Seat Pivot Bearings #1  

garym31931

Tractor
2005 Jinma 184
I have a Jinma 184 tractor, yesterday the seat basically self destructed. Does anyone know what bearing sets I need to get to reconstruct the pivot? There is just nothing left of the bearing set, but a few ball bearings. Also I have tried 2 of the Jinma dealers and they have no idea, other that buying the complete pedestal for $125+.

Thanks
Gary

/ Jinma Seat Pivot Bearings #2  
Jinma has used several different designs over the years.

For example my 2006 284 has a swivel seat for use with the backhoe but it does not have any bearings in it. There are basically two pipes. One welded to the base and one welded to the seat bracket. The upper one slips over the bottom one and there is a hole through both of them for a pin. Pull the pin and rotate the seat 180 degrees and replace the pin. The concept works fine except there is no way you can reach the backhoe controls (JW03) from the seat!

Is the bearing that fell apart like a roller bearing or like a lazy susan bearing? I am guessing the latter. If so you might be able to find parts at a cabinet store, although you might have to modify/adapt something.

Does it really need to be a bearing with balls and a race or could you use something like two plates that rotate against each other with grease? Think 5th wheel plate here. Use two pieces of plastic that add up to the thickness of the original bearing. Mount one on each half and re-assemble.

Both of my favorite online dealers are down right now so I can't look up the parts.

Do you have a parts book for your tractor? A lot of times there are no internal parts offered from the factory and you have to buy an assembly.

If you checked with the dealer I suspect that is near you (where I bought my tractor) it is unlikely you will get any help from the parts department. Somewhere around 2010 they got new personnel and they don't have a clue except what they can see on the computer screen. They can't even find parts when I give them the number out of the book.

Another option is to check with a bearing supply house. They will need diameter and thickness numbers to look up something that may be compatible.

Do you use the swivel function a lot or just occasionally?

Please post some pictures so we can better understand what you are dealing with.

Oh, one last thought. You can get swivel seats for boats, check with a boat dealer for parts.

/ Jinma Seat Pivot Bearings
Ok, after reading your post, I thought about that seat and I never really used the swivel or foresee a reason to use it. So cut the bottom portion of the swivel off, and welded the top portion to the mounting plate. I moved the whole thing back about 2 inches for additional (belly clearance) before I welded it. Put everything back and works great.

Thanks
Gary

/ Jinma Seat Pivot Bearings #4  
Good fix!

Please post some pictures of it.