Jinma gland nut removal wtf

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #1  

DonRina

Tractor
Jinma 354
I’ve been trying to remove the gland nut off my 2005 Jinma 354 backhoe which is a LW8. Haven’t had much success yet so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I did buy a gland nut wrench but the inserts are for a pin type and I wasn’t able to find a Jinma style one. I did modify two bolts to fit the Jinma openings and also used a large welding vice grip to keep the modified nuts in place. Added a 4’ bar to increase the force but no joy.

I have a number of similar nuts to remove for the seal replacements on the backhoe so need to get this done.

Thanks for any help. Kind of a newby on hydraulics.

Don B

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 257
   / Jinma gland nut removal wtf #2  
I used this for the gland caps on my skid steer. It worked well, but it will likely leave indentions on the cap.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #3  
Make sure there’s not a set screw in the seam that prevents it from backing off.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #4  
Watched the dealer use a 3 foot pipe wrench coupled with a 4 foot pipe to remove the nut on my Kioti; definitely left some marks

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #5  
The hydraulic shop I worked at had the 4’ pipe wrenches and cheater pipes. Numerous times we would be heating the cylinder around the nut while two put their weight on the pipe.
I was told that the bigger shops had an impact device to remove them but I never saw one.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #6  
The hydraulic shop I worked at had the 4’ pipe wrenches and cheater pipes. Numerous times we would be heating the cylinder around the nut while two put their weight on the pipe.
I was told that the bigger shops had an impact device to remove them but I never saw one.
That would be my go to method,

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf
I’ll check for a set screw but don’t think there’s one. Next is heat with force. Maybe I can make a better gland nut wrench via pipe and some welding.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #8  
My philosophy when I have a leaking cylinder which is rare is, I take them to a hydraulic shop and have them do the work and pay them. Much easier and they will have all the right tools and seals to do the job correctly the first time.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #9  

It’s not an impact. It’s basically a heavy duty pipe vice with a pipe wrench that a hydraulic cylinder pushes.

/ Jinma gland nut removal wtf #10  
I’ll check for a set screw but don’t think there’s one. Next is heat with force. Maybe I can make a better gland nut wrench via pipe and some welding.

Once you’re confident there’s no locking screw then a longer cheater pipe is probably the answer. You could try having an assistant hammer against that notch with a chisel while you turn the wrench.