Jinma 284 Won't start

/ Jinma 284 Won't start #1  

IloveJesus

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mccormick 40 hp, Jinma 284
Hello, need help. I parked my Jinma, two, three weeks ago and went to start it today and it won't start.
I had left the kill switch pulled out, I pushed it back in, I plugged it for at least 1/2 hour, the engine was warm enough to start it. It cranks, no start, there's fuel in it, checked all fuses, all good. There's no smoke coming out of the exhaust at all. It was running fine when I parked it. The thing I was thinking it could be, was that the fuel is not getting through somehow, is it possible for the manuel kill switch to somehow stop the flow of fuel from going through. It operates fine (it moves back and forth no problem), oh yes I unscrewed bleeder nut to check for air (negative, only fuel comes out, when I cranked the engine). Is there a way to open the kill switch?

I would appreciate all feed back.

Thanks,

/ Jinma 284 Won't start #2  
See if it will start or at least try to run by spraying silicon spray in intake while cranking take out air filter silicon is a lot less likely to lock up engine than using starting fluid. if it runs or tries the problem is fuel may have issue with shut off valve

/ Jinma 284 Won't start
See if it will start or at least try to run by spraying silicon spray in intake while cranking take out air filter silicon is a lot less likely to lock up engine than using starting fluid. if it runs or tries the problem is fuel may have issue with shut off valve

Ok Thanks, I was leaning that way, just not sure on how to do that. Thank you for the clear instructions. I'll try it this week and let you know.

/ Jinma 284 Won't start #4  
If you got the little 1/4 turn shut off valve with sight glass on the bottom of the tank, then it could be plugged there. Those valves have very small orifices and plug easily. I replaced mine with a 1/4 needle valve from a hydraulics supply store. I still have the spin on secondary filter. Keep lookin' for fuel flow until it smokes then you know your getting fuel. Oh and keep the charger hooked to the battery so's it'll turn over at a decent rate. bjr

/ Jinma 284 Won't start
If you got the little 1/4 turn shut off valve with sight glass on the bottom of the tank, then it could be plugged there. Those valves have very small orifices and plug easily. I replaced mine with a 1/4 needle valve from a hydraulics supply store. I still have the spin on secondary filter. Keep lookin' for fuel flow until it smokes then you know your getting fuel. Oh and keep the charger hooked to the battery so's it'll turn over at a decent rate. bjr

Ok thanks for the suggestion bjr, I'll try that as well