Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #1  

MikeBen

Tractor
Jinma 284
20230110_181542.jpg

Hi all,

I have a Jinma 284 chinese tractor and am having an issue with the relief valve. I was working on the hydraulics and removed the 4 bolts that hold the needle valve in on the bottom side of the loader valve assembly. Everything in Yellow in the photo fell out, and when I put it back in I believe I put the plunger (?circled in red) in upside down. Also I wasnt sure if the spring above it was part of the assembly so that's not back in there either. My problem is I removed the 4 bolts and needle valve assembly once more and the plunger is jammed in there to where I cant get it. My question is how can I get to it? Can the parts in green all be removed from the top through the hole with the flat screw head? Does the valve body need to be disassembled? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #2  
Oh boy, a puzzle with no picture on the box.
Is this the joystick control unit where it actually runs two spool valves by a couple of mechanical linkages? My 2006 284 came with that on the ZL20 loader. Unfortunately the manual does not show an exploded view of the valve. I replaced it early on with a retrofit kit from Ranch Hand Supply. The replacement valve has much finer control as well as the float function. It also has a power beyond port for future use.
I never did have the OEM valve apart, but it may still be in a corner of the shed if I look deep enough.
Wish I had more info for you.
You might try contacting Rolland at Ranch Hand. He is pretty knowledgeable about that kind of thing.

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue
Oh boy, a puzzle with no picture on the box.
Is this the joystick control unit where it actually runs two spool valves by a couple of mechanical linkages? My 2006 284 came with that on the ZL20 loader. Unfortunately the manual does not show an exploded view of the valve. I replaced it early on with a retrofit kit from Ranch Hand Supply. The replacement valve has much finer control as well as the float function. It also has a power beyond port for future use.
I never did have the OEM valve apart, but it may still be in a corner of the shed if I look deep enough.
Wish I had more info for you.
You might try contacting Rolland at Ranch Hand. He is pretty knowledgeable about that kind of thing.
Yes I believe it is the same loader valve you're describing. The tractor is also a 2006. I'll attach a few pictures. The float and finer control sounds nice, this ones about as smooth as a dog sh!tting hammer handles 😂. Thank you for your help! I will give Roland a call.
20230111_182059.jpg

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #4  
You didn't say what issue you are having with the relief valve, but just in case you didn't know, there is another one in the 3-point lift valve assy.

You didn't say what issue you are having with the relief valve, but just in case you didn't know, there is another one in the 3-point lift valve assy.
Thank you Piper. I thought I laid out my issue fairly well in the initial post? When dissembled I put the plunger in upside down and cant get it back out. I included a picture referencing the part. Did none of that show up? I'm fairly new here. Thanks

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #6  
Are there any plugs you can remove to gain access to push that piece out? If not you might have to figure out how to get pressure below that piece and then use air pressure to pop it out. Cover the opening with something to contain parts and oil spray.

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #7  
You described what happened and your picture came through fine.
What you didn't explain was what caused you to take it apart in the first place.
I only asked because there are other things in the system that can cause pressure issues. The relieve valve in the 3 point, the power steering priority valve and internal leaks, just to mention a few.
It would be nice if there were an exploded view of the internal works.
Best of luck.

Are there any plugs you can remove to gain access to push that piece out? If not you might have to figure out how to get pressure below that piece and then use air pressure to pop it out. Cover the opening with something to contain parts and oil spray.
There is a plug directly above that I can remove but its only about 3/4 diameter and I cant see down to the plunger, just a spring that I'm hesitant to remove. I like your idea! I've been considering pulled the needle valve back out and then turning over the tractor very briefly to see if the hydraulic pressure will push the plunger down and out. Thanks for your input!

You described what happened and your picture came through fine.
What you didn't explain was what caused you to take it apart in the first place.
I only asked because there are other things in the system that can cause pressure issues. The relieve valve in the 3 point, the power steering priority valve and internal leaks, just to mention a few.
It would be nice if there were an exploded view of the internal works.
Best of luck.
Sorry about that! I didnt mean to sound snarky just wasnt sure if everything posted properly. I actually took it apart naively thinking it was a "power beyond" port or something similar that I could tie a 3rd function into. It was working properly prior to me screwing it up! The tractor didnt come with any parts manuals so I'm learning by a long series of trial and lots of errors! Thank you again for your continued help.

/ Jinma 284 Loader Relief Valve issue #10  
Some of the Jinma dealers have online parts catalogs. Places like Circle G and Affordable. They are very helpful to see how things are put together.

There are some documents that I have collected over the years and posted on my website. Feel free to have a look and download copies for yourself. I take no credit for any of it, just passing along what others have posted publicly.