Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque???

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
Anyone out there know what the torque would be on a 2007 Jinma 284 with a y385 and copper washers? Pulled my old ones out to replace on a Saturday and now I don't know how tight to make them and apparently I don't know where to look!!
Thanks.

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque???
? No one?? Not even an opinion??

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #3  
Well you asked I would just hand tight .. like the oil drain plug ..... or spark plug....:2cents:

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #4  
kubota is 15 ft. lbs. So I would guess close to that...:)

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #5  
You can't go wrong using a metric torque chart.

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #6  
Just add, like any copper washer, tighten down to compress it, back it off and then tighten/torque down to correct pressure.

/ Jinma 284 Glow Plug Torque??? #7  
Since there are no torque specs in my engine parts manual when I replaced mine it was done by "feel".
New copper washers will be soft. Used ones need to be annealed back to a soft condition. The washer seals the element against the head while the threaded area has no effect on the sealing. I put anti-seize on the threads so that would automatically reduce torque values. Using a 1/4" drive ratchet wrench the plugs were driven in until I could feel them bottom out and make contact with the washer. Then just a slight snug after that, probably about 1/8 of a turn.
One of my plugs separated upon removal because the power of the threads was greater than the internal strength of the two parts of the plug. The element was firmly stuck in the head and the threads put so much force on the plug it separated internally. I didn't apply that much force to get it out, it just jacket itself apart. If you can break it taking it out, you can do the same if you over tighten on installation.
The threaded area is much larger than the seal so standard torque values for that size thread would (IMHO) be way more than required. Contact of the copper washer and enough extra to keep it from vibrating loose should do the job.
The above opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it. :)