Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear #1  

Mike22

Tractor
Jinma 254
Hi, I am having issues with a jinma 254, starts 1st time runs fine, but if I try using high 2nd or 3rd gear the engine dies, 1st and reverse and all the low gears work good but can't figure out what the problem could be if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear #2  
Mike, it sounds like a possible fuel problem. Have you changed the fuel filter recently? Also check the rubber fuel line coming from the tank to the filter. Does it need to be replaced? Follow this procedure to bleed the air out. There is also a video link in there somewhere.
Please reply if that’s the fix. :)

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear #3  
Hi, I am having issues with a jinma 254, starts 1st time runs fine, but if I try using high 2nd or 3rd gear the engine dies, 1st and reverse and all the low gears work good but can't figure out what the problem could be if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks
Sounds to me like governor issues. Check the oil in your fuel injection pump.

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear
Sounds to me like governor issues. Check the oil in your fuel injection pump.
I've tried fresh oil, and still the same .... , works fine in other gears and revs fine just 2nd and 3rd in high

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear
Mike, it sounds like a possible fuel problem. Have you changed the fuel filter recently? Also check the rubber fuel line coming from the tank to the filter. Does it need to be replaced? Follow this procedure to bleed the air out. There is also a video link in there somewhere.
Please reply if that’s the fix. :)
Thanks for the reply, I've ordered a new filter to try I will check the pipe flow later and let you know , if it was filter or semi blocked pipe wouldn't it do it in all the gears ? Or just the top end ?

Thanks

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear #6  
I've tried fresh oil, and still the same .... , works fine in other gears and revs fine just 2nd and 3rd in high
Not surprising. The load on the engine is much less in the lower gears, and revving with no load (high idle) is to be expected. Governor is not responding to high load demand, imho. Although I'm not ruling out a primary fuel filter (the sediment bowl).

/ Jinma 254 Dies in 2nd and 3rd gear #7  
DoeS your tractor run forward or reverse when in neutrale ?
Then it is lock in a gear !
Remove shiftcover and move dogs to neutrale.