JD5203 loader is slow to react

/ JD5203 loader is slow to react #1  
Tractor
John Deere 5203
Need some advice on troubleshooting hydraulics. Was pushing and piling dirt with loader when suddenly it became slow to react, or almost unresponsive. Now when I want to lift something (ie. round bale) I have to raise the engine rpm and lift the 3pt hitch. It helps to have a heavier implement like a 3pt hitch blade as it appears that the hydraulic fluid wants to take the path of least resistance, which turns out to be towards the front end loader. In addition, I also hear a hissing sound coming from the hydraulic pump under the seat. I tried adjusting the relief valve, and also replaced the internals of the relief valve, but nothing has changed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

/ JD5203 loader is slow to react #2  
Quick attach loader?

Try unplugging and reseating the quick couplers. One of them probably is partly disconnected

/ JD5203 loader is slow to react #3  
Check the position of your three point lever. If it's in the full up position it can greatly slow the hydraulics by dumping pressure from the relief valve. Generally that means your rock shaft needs adjusted.

/ JD5203 loader is slow to react
Quick attach loader?

Try unplugging and reseating the quick couplers. One of them probably is partly disconnected
Thanks LD1,
It‘s a 512 loader which is not a quick attach. There are no couplers as all connections are “hard plumbed”.

/ JD5203 loader is slow to react #5  
Your hydraulic pressure relief valve is partially stuck open a tiny amount and should be pulled out and cleaned. might have to pull off the seat to get to it. You might try to fully stall the loader with an over sized load to fully open it and maybe the slug will push out. Or, the o-Ring in it is torn and has to be changed out.

Check the position of your three point lever. If it's in the full up position it can greatly slow the hydraulics by dumping pressure from the relief valve. Generally that means your rock shaft needs adjusted.
Thanks Roadworthy,
you should be able to have your hitch all the way up at all times. If not, potentially, your blade or other implements could be dragging as you‘re doing loader work. I’ll check the rock shaft, but I’m skeptical if that’s the issue.

Your hydraulic pressure relief valve is partially stuck open a tiny amount and should be pulled out and cleaned. might have to pull off the seat to get to it. You might try to fully stall the loader with an over sized load to fully open it and maybe the slug will push out. Or, the o-Ring in it is torn and has to be changed out.
Thanks zzvyb6,
I had the relief apart. In fact, replaced the pin and springs, etc. No matter if the adjustment screw is all the way in or out, there is no change. Is there anything else in the pump that would cause this issue? Displaced o-ring, etc?