JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace?

/ JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace? #1  

davefr

Tractor
JD 1070
I went to start my JD455 and it quickly starting sputtering and showing signs of fuel starvation. I pulled the engine side cover and saw diesel leaking from the fuel filter area. The assembly was loose from it's engine block mount (vibration??) and the filter's fitting going to the injector pump came out of it's port. I pressed the fitting back into the housing and tightened the mount and all is OK. (no leakage)

My question is what holds this fitting onto the filter assembly? Should I trust it going forward? I'm guessing there's an o-ring inside but is that the only thing holding it one. These filter assemblies are pretty inexpensive but should I replace it based on what happened? Has anyone taken one apart?

JPFilter.jpg

/ JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace? #2  
Think you are correct, just pressed in.
You might get a backup assembly just in case this fix doesn't stay.
And/or clean it well and find an adhesive that will hopefully hold.

/ JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace? #3  
Yep, press fit. It happened with my X744 too. For the time being I tapped it in and put a zip-tie around the filter assy to make sure it doesn't fall out. I haven't had a problem with it leaking for a few years now. If it comes out again I'll use a loc-tite product and be done with it.

/ JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace? #4  
That’s what I was going to suggest.. 5-10 minute epoxy and forget it..

/ JD455 Fuel Filter Fitting came loose - replace? #5  
Ran into this a few years ago with my 332.
My experience, epoxy.
Here is a thread from another forum.
Andrew.