jd44000 vs Kubota 2910

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #1  

David USMC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jd 345
I read Ricks post and my situation is almost identical. Im very close to purchasing a 4400 JD with 60 inch mower,loader and JD tiller...50 inch. Decision time is here...talk me out of the John Deere. I think it is quieter and may have a higher resale value... Ive been to Carver but my local dealer is probably as good. Your input is appreciated. Thank You, David Johnson

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #2  
Hi David.
I wouldn't and try to change your mine by saying Kubota is better than John Deere.
I will say this.....the one you pick may you have many hours of fun as we all have.
Good Luck. :eek:)

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910
Thomas, thanks for the input..say it if you mean it...Do you feel Kubota is superior to John Deere...QQQ

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #4  
Hi David.
When I was tractor hunting my list was in this order,Ford & J.D. & Kubota.
The nearest Ford dealership was little to far for travel and the price was higher.
John Deere dealer was lower than a Ford but thousand more than Kubota,also for some reason I didn't feel comfortable at that dealership.
Kubota dealership which is about 15miles away had three times better section of different models also attachments.
The dealer let me try all of his demo tractors in his play pit and never once put pressure on me to buy,also answer my questions and gave me other advice.
Yes indeed I bought a Kubota and I haven't once change my mind on the purchase,also the Kubota has tried me out my of times and if there was a problem it seem to be always my fault.
David,for me there were many factors to consider,travel & price & dealership attitude & model,and
Kubota filled all my needs and still are.

When the time comes for you to purchase your tractor,would you let me know why you consider that make and model for I would be most interested.
Take Care.

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #5  
David, I wouldn't try to change your mind from Deere to Kubota; they both make good tractors, but I don't mind sticking my neck out. I do believe the Kubota is a little better quality and more reliable, and a few years ago when I had a problem with the hydraulic cylinders on a Kubota loader and wrote Kubota's office in California, a factory service rep came to my house to take care of the problem. A friend who has 3 big John Deeres says that would never happen with John Deere; that the customer can get no response from John Deere except through the dealer (of course, I cannot say for sure whether that is a fact or not).

Bird

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #6  
David, as others have said, you'll probably be happy with either one...I went thru the same search as everyone else and I chose JD over Kubota; especially in the size tractor I wanted I felt the JD was a nicer machine.

Just wanted to respond to something that Bird said in his reply, the fact that a Kubota rep came out to the house to fix something, is nice, but just because JD would prefer that you went thru your dealers for repairs (as opposed to contacting the home office directly) is not necessarily a negative for Deere (in fact, one could argue that if you were unable to get satisfaction from your local Kubota dealer and were forced to call the home office each time something came up, that would be a negative for Kubota).

I had a minor problem with my JD rig shortly after delivery (a part fell off) and my local JD dealer came right out to my house and fixed it up no problem, no charge (80 miles round trip), whereas with my local Kubota dealer (where I used to get my Yanmar worked on), is only 10 miles from my house and the wouldn't do any work at my place, but would happily charge me an arm and leg to haul the tractor back and forth for even minor repairs.

I guess it really depends on the comfort level you have with you local dealer(s). Either machine will be fine. I went green and don't regret it.

/ jd44000 vs Kubota 2910 #7  
I would certainly agree that finding a good dealer is important, and I would also always try to resolve any issue with the dealer first, but it is kind of nice to know that if that becomes impossible (if the dealer either cannot or will not get the problem corrected; whether it is the dealer's fault or not), you can at least contact and talk to someone at the manufacturer, and that became the case a few years ago when I had the B7100. I bought the B2710 from the same dealer last year, and last month when I had a question and called their service manager, he offered to come to my house, if I wanted him to, and it's a little over 50 miles one way.

Bird