Loader JD2210 - can't get loader off

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
So i think i put the loader on 'wrong' the last time i did it. I went today to take the loader off. I popped the front wheels up in the air, pulled the two front pins, and then pulled back on the stick and the loader raised up like i normally would. It didn't drop onto the two front parking legs. All looks OK. Pins slide into the slots like they should. The only thing i can tell is that the rear spots where the loader rides on the two posts jutting out from the frame aren't seated down far enough into the slots in the loader itself. It's riding on top of the square opening in the loader instead of in the opening. So when the pins get pulled the loader frame can't pivot forward and down. Now i'm looking for ideas to get the loader seated right without a crane or self injury. Anyone have any ideas?

THX> Eric

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off #2  
Any pictures, I never seen anybody take a loader off with the front wheels off the ground.......

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off #3  
Any pictures, I never seen anybody take a loader off with the front wheels off the ground.......

On all John Deere compacts that I am aware of, you raise the front wheels off of the ground to unlock the loader from the tractor. After you unlock the loader, you lower the front wheel back on the ground.

It sounds like you have a 210 loader.
The only thing I can think of is that the latch bar could be wedged in behind the weight bracket. With the bucket on the ground, you could loosen the bolts that attack the locking frame to the loader frame.

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off #4  
I know this sounds odd, but I had a similar problem with my 410 loader (JD4100 tractor) not seating properly and problems with the legs not deploying properly resulting in the clamp not releasing. I found that not having the recommended air pressure in all tires caused the loader to not properly or seat. However, sounds like your problem is more likely (as Chevy said) that something is wedged too tight to move.

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off
Thank you - i will try this. This is the oddest thing.

On all John Deere compacts that I am aware of, you raise the front wheels off of the ground to unlock the loader from the tractor. After you unlock the loader, you lower the front wheel back on the ground.

It sounds like you have a 210 loader.
The only thing I can think of is that the latch bar could be wedged in behind the weight bracket. With the bucket on the ground, you could loosen the bolts that attack the locking frame to the loader frame.

Thanks for the help. I will try loosening some bolts. It is an odd thing to say the least.

I got it. Loosened the two big bolts on one side. I noticed that the steel pieces the two bolts keep from sliding had in fact slid apart farther about 1/2 inch. After loosening and moving the cylinders a wee bit the front came un-wedged and came down. Crisis averted.

Thanks for your help. Stay safe. Great people here.

Eric

/ JD2210 - can't get loader off #8  
Glad to hear you got it. The next time you install the loader, check that it seats correctly on the arms before completely raising the lock bar into place..