JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I've been sick of my turnbuckle stabilizers since I bought this tractor. Put it on my list to build some telescoping links. The other day the weather was nasty all day so spent the day in the shop. This is what I ended up with.

I removed both rear tires but could have gotten by with just one removed. This picture shows the tractor disassembled. With my new pieces laying on the floor. Also the factory turnbuckles are laying there for comparison. I reused the factory sleeves that held the tractor end of the links. I also reused the factory bolt that goes thru the 3pt arm and holds that end of the factory links. Sorry didn't get a picture of the factory setup before I started.

This is a better pic of the pieces I built along with the modified factory sleeves and bolts. Everything was built from flatbar. 3/8" x 1". I drilled the 3/8" holes in the sleeve portion 3/4" apart. I drilled the 3/8" holes in the solid bar 1" apart. This gave me an infinite amount of adjustment. This pic is before I had added a chained adjustment pin.

Here's some pics after adding the adjustment pins and installing everything. Works very well. Great adjustment to fit any width. Sooooo much easier than turnbuckles. Should have done this years ago. :)

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers #2  
Really nice job!

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers
Thanks Murph :)

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers #4  
What a great idea!
You should consider marketing it.:thumbsup:

Greg

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers #5  
How much time to do that mod? Looks good, BTW.:thumbsup:

I suppose the design could be cleaned up a little and maybe marketed. I'm certainly not looking for the job. I do my work by hand so something as simple as this becomes labor intensive. Now that I know what I'm doing I could probably make a pair in 3 hours. Probably have $75 in materials and shop costs. Add another $50 for labor. Add another $25 for shipping. Now you've got a $150 pair of stabilizers. Not sure someone would want to pay that.

Might be able to find a company building them already at a cheaper cost?? I never searched as the fun is in the build for me.

How much time to do that mod? Looks good, BTW.:thumbsup:

I think the time might vary depending on tractor model. On this model it's pretty simple to modify what's already there. I used the factory sleeves at the tractor because I couldn't find a piece of pipe in my pile that was the right diameter. I reused the factory bolts at the 3pt arms because I didn't have a grade 8 bolt that size. On a different model tractor those mounts might be different which would add/subtract from the build time.

/ JD2210/2305 telescoping 3pt stabilizers #8  
I suppose the design could be cleaned up a little and maybe marketed. I'm certainly not looking for the job. I do my work by hand so something as simple as this becomes labor intensive. Now that I know what I'm doing I could probably make a pair in 3 hours. Probably have $75 in materials and shop costs. Add another $50 for labor. Add another $25 for shipping. Now you've got a $150 pair of stabilizers. Not sure someone would want to pay that.

Might be able to find a company building them already at a cheaper cost?? I never searched as the fun is in the build for me.

Considering what parts cost for tractors, what you would be asking is definitely a bargain. JD would at the least, double that figure for sure.

Greg