JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I've been talking to Laurin Cabs about getting one of their cabs for my M59, but I'd need to actually see one before making such a large purchase. Those things are expensive!
The company says they've sold a number in my area for use on JD110s - but none for the similar M59.
Does anyone know of one I could take a look at in the Denver area?
Also looking to talk with anyone who has experience with their cabs.
Thanks, rScotty

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #2  
rScotty, we have not sold one in a while because of the offering of the factory cabs from Kubota for many of their units but they are the best we had ever seen or should I say the closest thing to a factory cab you can buy with buying one! The details of their cabs have always been taken care of.

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #3  
I can't help you with looking at one, but I bought and installed one on my 110 when I had it and it was a nice unit. I also purchased it over 10 years ago and only paid $5700 for it and bought it directly from Laurin. I'm not sure it is as nice as a factory Kubota or Deere cab but it was the next best thing, but they didn't offer AC for it, not sure if they do for the M59 or not. I have seen one installed on an M59 and it looked good

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs
rScotty, we have not sold one in a while because of the offering of the factory cabs from Kubota for many of their units but they are the best we had ever seen or should I say the closest thing to a factory cab you can buy with buying one! The details of their cabs have always been taken care of.

Yes, it seems odd that Kubota doesn't offer a cab for the M59. That's the single thing that keeps them from being able to market the M59 as a serious commercial machine. I wrote to the company and they did respond saying:

"At this time Kubota does not have plans for a factory cab on the M59. There are several cabs available from after-market suppliers including Sims (Sims Cab Depot) and Laurin."

Did you also install the cabs that you sold? Looking at the Laurin installation manual on line it looks like several days of work in a shop to mount it. Buying directly from Laurin will save me some money, but it's still expensive. From Laurin I am getting a quote of about $15,000 for the cab shipped to a large city only 100 miles from me..... and of course after getting it here I have to pay for the installation which requires an overhead lift and involves taking the rear wheels off and that means trailering the tractor somewhere. AC would increase the cost another $3000+ and would also require "at least" several more days to install.

Tags said he got his Laurin cab for a JD110 years ago for $5700. That price seems more doable.
Nice as it is, the Laurin cab might just be too expensive. Be quite easy to get 20K or more into one. Back when I bought the tractor I was hoping to go half that for a factory cab....

rScotty - still looking for a cab solution

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #5  
I bought my Laurin cab for the 110 in 2005 for $7500 and installed it with a helper in 12 hours. Not difficult to do had a friend lift the cab in place with a telehandler. I have been very satisfied with it and will have had it for nine years in March this year. When you buy through Laurin direct you pay full list price, I would see if you can get a better price through your dealer. My dealer didn't have an account with Laurin but was able to get the paper work done and order the cab in short order.

Scotty,
I will likely move my 110 with cab up to Durango in April for a few weeks work if you wan't to see it up close.

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #6  
Yes, it seems odd that Kubota doesn't offer a cab for the M59. That's the single thing that keeps them from being able to market the M59 as a serious commercial machine. I wrote to the company and they did respond saying:

"At this time Kubota does not have plans for a factory cab on the M59. There are several cabs available from after-market suppliers including Sims (Sims Cab Depot) and Laurin."

rScotty - still looking for a cab solution

To the manufacturers it's all in the numbers. I haven't been asked to add one yet!

I bought my Laurin cab for the 110 in 2005 for $7500 and installed it with a helper in 12 hours. Not difficult to do had a friend lift the cab in place with a telehandler. I have been very satisfied with it and will have had it for nine years in March this year. When you buy through Laurin direct you pay full list price, I would see if you can get a better price through your dealer. My dealer didn't have an account with Laurin but was able to get the paper work done and order the cab in short order.

Scotty,
I will likely move my 110 with cab up to Durango in April for a few weeks work if you wan't to see it up close.

That's a good price _ I'd buy one at that price - and also a good idea about the difference in pricing. I hadn't thought it through, and simply contacted Laurin direct figuring that they would be able to offer the best price. But maybe not. Thanks for the offer, I'm still looking to see one more local. Durango....well I might see you there. Who knows?
rScotty

To the manufacturers it's all in the numbers. I haven't been asked to add one (an M59 cab) yet!

Hard to prove a negative. I wonder how many would have bought them if they were available from Kubota as an option? The M59 is the only one in its class, and time is proving it to be an unusually capable machine. I'm prejudiced, but we just might have a classic here. No competition now that the excellent JD110 is out of production, so it's hard to say.

Frankly I might have passed on a cab initially myself - the M59 being high dollar already and buying a new model just out is always a bit of a gamble. Now years have passed and the work I've done with ours is the sort of tough work that would normally be done by a larger TLB. This is tough work on slopes and through rocky ground. So far the M59 has handled it just fine. No problems - other than the lack of a cab.
rScotty

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #9  
I suspect the added cost of a cab had the bean counters worried about limited sales. I am glad I bought the cab at the same time as the 110tlb, the combination makes for a nice little backhoe. The M59 is very nice too and I like the extra power it has in a compact package.

/ JD110 TLB & Laurin Cabs #10  
Justin case someone from Kubota reads this thread i'll say the day they come out with a factory cab or work a better price to partner with laurin is the day I will order mine. Hopefully it will be this year. if not there will be a full sized tlb with cab in the fleet.