JD GT275 mower question

/ JD GT275 mower question #21  
just do a search for GT242 You will see all kind of parts.

To be absolutely sure they will fit just pay Your parts man at JD a visit .they are usually willing to share that information.

I do know the 275 uses the same service manual so they have to be close other than engines.

/ JD GT275 mower question
Thanks Tom. I did not get a chance to look at this last weekend.

I did look at EBAY like you suggested and found a number of manuals and parts that I can look at once I get a better sense of where I stand.

thanks again,
Mark

/ JD GT275 mower question #23  
I was just at the John Deere Dealer and asked if the voltage regulator was the same for the GT275 as the GT242 and the answer was "Yes" same thing.

The price of a new one is around $100.00 according to the parts man.(ouch)

Tom

/ JD GT275 mower question #24  
With the new battery installed, what reading to you get across the battery posts with the engine running at full throttle? Again, for a properly working charging system, you should be getting 14-14.5 volts.

/ JD GT275 mower question #25  
I agree ....I know when I priced parts at JD yesterday I sucked wind .better know for sure what is wrong with the price of parts............ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The parts man told me some of the voltage regulators for some of the bigger tractors were as much as $250.00 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ JD GT275 mower question #26  
Mark,
Did You get this machine going or what?

Inquiring minds want to know!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif