JD Front Bucket Complete

/ JD Front Bucket Complete #2  
Very nice!

I use my front loader several times a week. They make wheelbarrows obsolete. I am sure you will use yours a lot.

John

/ JD Front Bucket Complete #3  
Cool! Nice work...simple and effective. Just curious...did you reinforce the front axle/hub assembly any, or does it look like it's rugged enough to withstand a fair amount of weight?

I'm also just curious, but looks like you have a 3PH on this tractor. There are dirt scoops available, and you could obviously rig a "top-n-tilt" hydraulic cylinder to tilt the dirt scoop. Any reason you didn't go with a 3PH dirt scoop?

Dave

/ JD Front Bucket Complete #4  
Nice work. And glad to see a counter weight on the rear. Do you have any idea of the units capacity?

/ JD Front Bucket Complete #5  
Nice Implements!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Where did you get those cylinders from, and how long are they? I was going to use electrics on a smaller loader, but don't like the prices I've seen so far.

Chad

/ JD Front Bucket Complete
Thanks JWE...I am sure my wife will keep me busy with it along with all the neighbors.,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cool! Nice work...simple and effective. Just curious...did you reinforce the front axle/hub assembly any, or does it look like it's rugged enough to withstand a fair amount of weight?

I'm also just curious, but looks like you have a 3PH on this tractor. There are dirt scoops available, and you could obviously rig a "top-n-tilt" hydraulic cylinder to tilt the dirt scoop. Any reason you didn't go with a 3PH dirt scoop?

Dave
)</font>

Dave thanks, the front axles on these tractors are heavy enough. JD offers a front end loader directly for these. The reason I didn't do this with the 3 point is because I can put down pressure to dig with the front bucket and you loose that with the 3 point hitch.

Have a safe holiday..

Bob

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice work. And glad to see a counter weight on the rear. Do you have any idea of the units capacity? )</font>

Thanks Gary. The thing would probably tip without the counter weight....very dangerous. I have had the bucket full of dirt with no problem. Its 47 inches wide. 14" deep and 14" high. I have a friend that pushes 300 lbs and the I lifted him with the engine at idle....never even strained.

Have a good one...
Bob

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice Implements!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Where did you get those cylinders from, and how long are they? I was going to use electrics on a smaller loader, but don't like the prices I've seen so far.

Chad )</font>

Thanks Chad. The dump cylinder is from Surplus Supply. They are 2 x 8 with a center to center lenth of 15". the shaft is 1.25". I am only using one cylinder....the bucket has is strong and I get no twisting or torqueing....I designed it so I could easily add another if I needed to. Doesn't appear that I will need to. The cost was $70.00 shipped. Those electonic ones are expensive....

Have a good holiday

Bob

/ JD Front Bucket Complete #10  
Bob

Your bucket project looks great. Are you using the tractor's hydraulics straight (no other pump involved)? Any idea what the hyd. specs are on your 475?

Since I just picked up an old but strong 318 (yeah I know the hydraulics are very limited but...) I keep looking at the dual circuits, the pile of steel scrap behind the garage, and the small hyd. cylinders from the surplus houses and wondering what kind of mischief I can get into! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Since I plan on getting a big CUT or small utility with a "real" FEL I don't need a full loader but a small bucket like yours (especially if I could get the geometry to work just enough to be able to dump into a low cart) seems like it would be a lot of fun - er "a very practical tool" in the more delicate tasks around the homestead.

Not too worried about actual lift capacity - a couple of hundred pounds is more than enough - or even lift speed. I think the real limiting factor will be how much hyd. fluid displacement differential the 318's system can handle.

Tim