JD 950 bad injectors?

/ JD 950 bad injectors? #11  
I just walked over and pulled a fuel sample.
  • Fuel from the tank is clean, nothing obvious in the fuel
  • Fuel down stream of the filter has particles floating in the fuel
  • Removed fuel filter and there was a lot of sediment in the bottom.
  • Poured the filter bowl contents out and it was horrible.
  • Appears the filter is missing a gasket? Not sure on that.
Therefore I ASSume that it was letting the sediment into the lines and I have clogged the injectors.
I was certain I had checked the filter. May have missed the trash on the dry filter element. Or it may have been in the tank. Regardless it seems to imply it stopped up the injectors.

Definitely flush all the old fuel out and clean everything. Start again with fresh fuel and purge the lines going to the injectors. Hopefully all will run well. If not then you might have to pull the injectors and get them cleaned or replaced.

/ JD 950 bad injectors? #12  
Hey RUSTABOUT, trying to understand the part about "lick your calf over again"..?? Is this an old saying of some sort or some kind of code for something?? Haha
Start over from the beginning. Lot of times you have to do that. Set it all back up correct and start again.

/ JD 950 bad injectors? #13  
Start over from the beginning. Lot of times you have to do that. Set it all back up correct and start again.

Ha.. Had not heard that one before. Thanks for clarifying!

/ JD 950 bad injectors?
I think the injectors will have to replaced or cleaned. But will give it another look.

But since it is not firing on any cylinder and it has fuel to the injectors, I am pretty sure they are stopped up.

/ JD 950 bad injectors? #15  
I think the injectors will have to replaced or cleaned. But will give it another look.

But since it is not firing on any cylinder and it has fuel to the injectors, I am pretty sure they are stopped up.
When you have those lines loosened on the injectors, just loose, not off, does it spray fuel all over ? Or just weep out a little fuel? I've had them shoot fuel six or eight feet when things are right.

/ JD 950 bad injectors?
Praise be to God! Finally got this thing revived from the dead.

Still not sure why it wouldn't start but pulled off the pump, removed the injectors and took them to my pump guy. He cycled the injectors a few times. Despite my ultra sonic cleaning they were not spraying right. He ramped up the pressure a couple of cycles and they cleared up.

I still have one that is not spray right but he said try it and see how it runs. It might be OK. He checked the pump and it checked OK.

We talked through the issue and we were both stumped. So I started priming at the pump, then at the end of the line. Installed the injectors upside down, spraying in the air. Once we got all three spraying I put it back together. It fired almost immediately.

Drove it home, it over heated... well the light came on in less than 1/4 mile. Turned out to be just about out of water. Battery is dead but it sitting outside my shop.

Tomorrow I pull that WAY TO HEAVY bushhog off. It instantly does a wheelie when you let out the clutch. Need to sort out a few things and take it for a drive and see what I have.

It needs an ignition switch and none of lights work. Past that I will find out tomorrow. If nothing else major is wrong I think I did good since I can't put a dollar amount on the frustration and labor of getting it running!

jZeKK7W.jpg

aiYYFDI.jpg

/ JD 950 bad injectors? #17  
Great news!! you got yourself a keeper there !!!