JD 855 4x4 Axle $2800 ring gear!?!

/ JD 855 4x4 Axle $2800 ring gear!?! #21  
Ditto on checking salvage.

Previous owner of my little Bota L2710 must have jumped on the diff lock with wheels spinning. Broke the ears off and ground up some teeth on the Bull gear for right axle.

New carrier and bull gear from Kubota was north of $1,000.

Salvage parts, $125 delivered.

Works great!

/ JD 855 4x4 Axle $2800 ring gear!?! #22  
They NLA parts and jack up the rest. Be glad it is even available. If it was mine I would call tractor salvage yards.

Last edited:
   / JD 855 4x4 Axle $2800 ring gear!?! #23  
I'm now the 3rd Admin for the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group of 35+ years found here,

The Deere 55 Series is a kitted tractor from Yanmar to Deere instead of a completed tractor in JD green paint.

The Deere 55 Series is related to the Yanmar F & FX Series machines. F means gear shifting and FX means PowerShift or PowerShuttle, whatever floats the boat. The FX single numbered tractors like FX6 may not be what you are looking for. The FX20 or so could be your solution.

I do know over the years, smart owner who have rebuilt their axles added Delrin 500 washers to reduce wear. I'm not sure where or how these were assembled with them. These are lubricated-plastic POM material.

Yes, it would be best to see images of the axle and parts.

2 years ago, a Yanmar owner with a 4WD machine was able to find a JD770 front axle that was basically the same as his tractor. Right down to even the OE Yanmar power steering mounting.

I do have a few Yanmar F & FX parts manual PDF books. See the group link above.

Lastly, there are a few Yanmar parts network dealers out there with the Yanmar to Deere cross reference parts books too. Try these two,

FREDRICKS EQUIPMENT
1312 South Bethel Rd.
Decatur, AL 35603
PARTS HOTLINE - 256-751-3555
email - parts@fredricksequipment.com
NEW On-Line SHOPPING - https://fredricksequipment.com/shop
Yanmar; YM / FX / F / Ke, John Deere / Kubota / Iseki / Mahindra / Others

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@sheftractor.net