JD 790 (and others) Secondary Fuel Filter, JD PN: MIU800645

/ JD 790 (and others) Secondary Fuel Filter, JD PN: MIU800645 #1  

sriddle1

Silver Member
Tractor
ACTIVE: JDX730 DAYS GONE BY: JD3010, JD790, JD425
Time to Remove/Replace my Secondary Fuel Filter, JD PN: MIU800645 (Attached PIC), 3TNE Yanmar Engine. Looks like the last R/R performed at the JD Dealer torqued-it-down-real-good !!!!. I've already tried my Belt Style Oil Filter Wrench and I can see it's going to crush the canister so........Looking for a fitted cap style wrench (preference - I use them on my Vehicles) with a socket drive (attached PIC) that slips on the bottom and matching up to the ribs of the filter canister. I visited the local Advantage and Auto Zone Parts Stores this morning, they have many caps, too big or too small. Now the trick.......Trying to identify the Fuel Filter sizing (been looking on-line) or how to measure so I can go online and order Cap Wrench. THANKS...........

Attachments

• MIU800645-2.jpg
    MIU800645-2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 295
  • oil cap wrench.jpg
    oil cap wrench.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 264
   / JD 790 (and others) Secondary Fuel Filter, JD PN: MIU800645 #2  
What's the big deal if you crush it with a large pair of slip joint pliers? In desperation I have driven a punch through a filter, first small, then large to get it started. Messy, but it usually is anyways.

/ JD 790 (and others) Secondary Fuel Filter, JD PN: MIU800645 #3  
Those can be a bit tight. The instructions say to tighten it one full turn once the gasket makes contact. An oil filter is normally 1/2 turn. I've had good luck with one of those rubber strap wrenches. I don't think I have room to get a cap socket in there. I have cap sockets to fit the large and small JD oil filters. I checked the one I use for my 2720 oil filter and it is too small.

Would you have room to use one of these Lisle adjustable grip tools?

Attachments

• Lisle_oil_wrench.jpg
    Lisle_oil_wrench.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited: