JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade

/ JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade #1  

gbirky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar models: YM1110D, YM1301D
JD 54\" Hydraulic Snow Blade

I just finished mounting a JD 54" hydraulic lift and angle snow blade to the front of my Yanmar YM1301D. I thought you guys might enjoy a couple of photos.

This blade was originally briefly used on a JD 317 garden tractor. It hadn't been used for at least 25 years when I got it.

This first one is of the removable "adapter" I made. It attaches to the tractor with 4 removable pins.

Attachments

• 504895-Bracket1.JPG
    504895-Bracket1.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,035
   / JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade
Re: JD 54\" Hydraulic Snow Blade

This photo is of the tractor with the permanently mounted brackets to attach the adapter. You can see the belly mower tensioner for the front pto on the tractor also.

Attachments

• 504898-Bracket_mounts.JPG
    504898-Bracket_mounts.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 867

This is a photo of the tractor with the "adaptor" mounted on the front. You can see that it is designed to accomodate use of the blade with the belly mower hardware mounted.

Attachments

• 504904-Bracket_on.JPG
    504904-Bracket_on.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 740

Here is a photo of the blade half mounted. The procedure is to have the blade resting on a block of wood of the correct height so that when you pull up to the blade, the fixed lower pins enter the slotted holes at the bottom of the adapter.

Attachments

• 504905-Blade_half_on.JPG
    504905-Blade_half_on.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 722

Once those bottom pins are engaged, you hook up the hydraulics, then work the lift cylinder as though you are forcing the blade down. This forces the top of the bracket on the blade back pivoting on the lower pins. The upper pins are spring loaded, and I made the adapter so that the pins are forced outward as the blade bracket is forced over the adapter. Then the pins spring into place in the holes on the adapter.

Here is a photo of the blade mounted.

Attachments

• 504908-Blade_on.JPG
    504908-Blade_on.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 764

And finally, here is a photo of the front end of the tractor with the blade mounted. This should be really nice this winter, as I won't have to get on and off the tractor to angle the blade. I probably wouldn't have done this except that the loader hydraulics are already on the tractor, and are left on when the quick-detach loader is removed.

You can see some more photos of this stuff at my web page. The link to the hydraulic blade page is down at the bottom. While you're there, check out the rest of the stuff I've done for this tractor, and my YM1110D.

Next up - a front mount mower deck for my YM1110D...

Attachments

• 504912-Blade_on_tractor.JPG
    504912-Blade_on_tractor.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 945
   / JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade #7  

Excellent!
Nice work! This is exactly what I want to do for the Kioti I am buying to replace my JD 455. I have to find a good fabricator to make one for me!

/ JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade #8  

(reposted this from the other thread. please don't post more than one place, as your reply's get scattered) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thats a light weight blade for that much tractor behind it. I hope it works okay for you. The mounting looks very good.

I have that same blade on my X485. Even with that, it is on the light duty side IMO.

Thanks for the compliment. Acutally, I designed it, bought the steel and cut it. I then had a buddy of mine weld it together for me (since I am welding challenged). He did an excellent job and deserves alot of credit.

It just takes time to get right...

/ JD 54" Hydraulic Snow Blade #10  

Nicely done! Hats off to the welder too.