JD 5100e question and a few fault codes

/ JD 5100e question and a few fault codes #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
JD 5100e with just shy of 1200hrs. Purchased used at 450hrs last year. I've put a lot of work on it, IMO given most is weekends and vacations.

Maintenance has been kept up to date. But I had a fault light go on last week while working. It is the main 'check engine' light that doesn't really tell you anything specific but is the 'big deal' light.

I checked codes:

CCU 1883.00 - PTO speed too high. (I had noticed that when I am mowing, the PTO reads up to 590rpm if I am gunning it. I assume this is when it threw the code, but is not associated with the check engine light as I had not mown for several days and the light was new.)

ECU 94.17 - Engine Fuel Rail Pressure issue (?) I've seen people talk about this online, but no one has known what it referred to or what they ultimately did to fix it.

ECU 94.18 - (?) Cannot find the code onling. I suspect it has to do the the Fuel Rail Pressure as well.

ECU 1569.31 - Fuel Power Derate - Again, I suspect this has to do with the Fuel Rail Pressure issue above, but I don't know what this really means. Does it mean the computer has derated available HP until the issue is fixed, or that the issue is resulting in decreased HP? I haven't really noticed a drastic drop in HP, but after reading the code, sometimes I think I talk myself into 'feeling' like its lower. (Should be 100/85 at PTO)

PTr 191.17 - Transmission speed too low. ... Don't know what this means or refers to.

PTr 2825.07 -(?) Cannot find code online

PTr 522456.31 - Cannot find code online

Outside of codes:

The travel speed indicator no longer works. It is simply in the same box that PTO and hours shows up. But when selecting MPH, it says 0.0. It hasn't worked for a few months, but it hasn't been important to what I was doing, and everything else worked, so I hadn't addressed it. I don't see a fuse for it. Everything else works, hours, PTO RPM, etc. But when you roll through the options to MPH, it is just showing 0.0, even when moving. I'd like to have it working for spraying etc. Any thoughts?

/ JD 5100e question and a few fault codes
I fixed the lights and codes. Just for any searcher's information.

The 1569.31, 98.17, and 98.18 were fixed by changing the fuel filters. I have a 'new' old fuel oil tank which I am using as my diesel tank, and I suspect even though I have filters on the tank itself, it let more gunk through than I had recognized.

I have no idea why the PTO speed is not regulated. But I haven't used any PTO implement since I've worked on it. I suspect it is just an RPM thing.

I have not fixed the MPH issue. I suspect a sensor on the wheel is not working. I cannot find a fuse. The instrument panel functions normally, but the MPH stays at 0.0.

/ JD 5100e question and a few fault codes #3  
They're festooned with sensors.
It could even be the hand-throttle or foot-pedal sensor... but more likely trans speed sensor.
Anyway, may be easier to have the dealer hook-up the laptop and pin-point the problem source. Electronics are great - until they go wrong.
Fuel pressure sensor is useful, as is the 'water-in-fuel' sensor.

/ JD 5100e question and a few fault codes #4  
PTr 2825.07 -(?) Cannot find code online

PTr 522456.31 - Cannot find code online

PTR 2825.07 control unit detects that lhr not in neutral when park is commanded.
PTR 522456.31 control unit detects clutch pedal position sensor circuit malfunction.

/ JD 5100e question and a few fault codes #5  
1569 is the de-rate code indicating horsepower has been dropped. There is always another code that causes it. Fuel rail pressure codes are generally fuel filters, blockage in the fuel system, or pin hole leak in the fuel system allowing for loss of prime. First thing is to change fuel filters. If it's still occuring, then it requires further investigation.

Only exception is high or low voltage for fuel rail pressure sensor. High or low voltage usually indicates a connection issue in the wiring.