JD 5093E Limited losing power

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
Like the thread title says I was harrowing up a field to plant some sudan and noticed tractor wasn't pulling the harrow as easily as it normally does so it continued to get worse and I xarried it to the barn and my first thought was the filter/screen in the fuel tank, as I just serviced this tractor 30 hrs ago which included a new primary fuel filter, so I drained the tank and the fuel looked really clean as in almost no trash and virtually zero algae, pulled the screen/filter and it had very minimal blockage so I felt like that wasn't going to be the problem, and it wasn't. Tractor will rev up but when you put it under the least bit of load even pulling itself in high gear it just bogs. I did notice it will puff a little white smoke along and along, so what do you think? injector? maybe injector pump? maybe sucking air somewhere? I am open for opinions. Thanks. Charlie.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #2  
Think I’d be looking for air slipping in since you’re filters are clean . How many hours on it ?

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #4  
With that low of hours I doubt it’s anything too major. As a easy first step I’d have somebody thumb stroke the transfer pump while you loosen the filter head bleed screw and watch carefully for air bubbles coming out. Probably won’t fix the issue but at least you’ll know if any air made its way in. I’m assuming it’s set up about like my 5085e

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #5  
Does that model have a fuel rail pressure sensor? Reason for asking is on 8520 this was the cause for power loss.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #7  
Check to be sure fuel tank is venting. Operate with shop towel covering fuel tank neck for test.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power
Thanks for all the replies but I was able to spend some time today looking everything over and found an inline filter hidden in plain sight, this tractor has a small cooler in front of the engine oil cooler and on the outbound side of it the fuel line going to the injector pump had an in-line filter, I replaced it and bled the fuel system and it solved the problem, I never even knew that filter was there, but I do now.:)

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #10  
On my Toolcat, the cooler is on the return line going back to the tank. I wonder if that is the case here???