JD 4310 hydraulics question

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question #1  

Don Anderson

Tractor
John deer 4310
HI, My hydraulics for the box scraper aren't functioning properly .I had the box scraper off the tractor for about a year for backhoe work . now I'm struggling to try to figure out why? The hoses are color coated ..reversed them and still no go . I'm wondering if I have gotten air in the system or the valve is malfunctioning . It tries to work, tilt, side to side. Starts to move but just freezes . Does anyone have a clue to what's going on? I've searched but can't find specific info . I bought this tractor new 2005 and have had the box scraper on and off multiple times never over the years and never had an this issue before. Thanks

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question #2  
How many remotes do you have? If more than one, are you sure you are using a "pair" of couplers. And not one port each from two different pairs?

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question #3  
HI, My hydraulics for the box scraper aren't functioning properly .I had the box scraper off the tractor for about a year for backhoe work . now I'm struggling to try to figure out why? The hoses are color coated ..reversed them and still no go . I'm wondering if I have gotten air in the system or the valve is malfunctioning . It tries to work, tilt, side to side. Starts to move but just freezes . Does anyone have a clue to what's going on? I've searched but can't find specific info . I bought this tractor new 2005 and have had the box scraper on and off multiple times never over the years and never had an this issue before. Thanks

We would need more information about your hydraulic set up to be able to diagnose over the internet. Do you have electronic valves controlling the hydraulics??

Pictures always help as well!!

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question #4  
It could be a coupler not properly coupled. Uncouple, then recouple, and see if that helps.

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question
Thanks Guy's for responding , I'm sorry for the late reply .. Been slammed ..Anyway as you can see from the pics I've got two rams one for to articulate the scraper up and down ..The other to tilt the scraper at an angle for fine tune grading .I have a electronic valve that diverts the fluid from the front end loader to the back hydraulics and you can see that they are color coated .The ram that tilts the scraper up and down appears to be working , Jumpy but working. The other one just jumps a little but no go .I tried moving hoses around , Still no luck, The fluid is at proper level . Here's a clue, When I go out in the morning and start the tractor. I was hoping it would magically heal itself, the one I'm having problems with will work one time then freeze up .Maybe air in the lines ? Ideas? And I have taken the lines of the couplers to make sure they were seated .Thank You Don

Attachments

• 20220627_074741.jpg
    20220627_074741.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220624_095312.jpg
    20220624_095312.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220624_095257.jpg
    20220624_095257.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 20220627_074801.jpg
    20220627_074801.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / JD 4310 hydraulics question #6  
Pretty confident you have hoses wrong.

Looks like your top link cylinder is the outer two hoses and the tilt is the middle two.

Each cylinder pair of hoses should be side by side on a pair of couplers

/ JD 4310 hydraulics question
You nailed it ! I don't remember it going like that. I've got a red one going into a yellow and a yellow going into red . I always thought they were color coded for a reason .Like I said it's been a year, But hey it works, Thanks so much ! Don