JD 4115

/ JD 4115 #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I thought I might want a larger tractor than my Cub, but my land is realy wooded and hilly, so larger doesn't =better for me. I have a Farmall 200 which can aptly handle all of my large tractor needs anyway.

I have decided to trade or sell my Cub. I want a better loader (quick attach/detatch), hydro, R4 tires a small backhoe and a chipper.

I am calling upon all you 4115 owners to sing about your machine! Thanks!

/ JD 4115 #2  
Hey, GR. I got to know the 4115 very well before I decided to buy the 4110. Why did I "buy down," you ask? Turning radius was the primary reason, and cost was the secondary factor.

Since I mow about 60 hours out of every 100 hours, and since I have over 40 specimen trees to circumnavigate, the shorter turning radius sold me downward. What did I give up, you ask?

First, the 4115 is a longer frame (hence the longer turning radius) and has larger wheels. The length and larger wheels are a plus for someone with more/heavier loader work, or if someone wanted a backhoe. In addition to the stability from the longer frame, the 4115 can take a 72" belly mower while my 4110 can take only a 5-footer.

Second, the higher PTO HP on the 4115 (19.9hp vs. 17 hp for the 4110) gets the owner into the bottom of the acceptable range for bigger PTO-powered implements, such as a 5-foot bush hog or small overseeder ( Gandy 48" ). Of course, you are now looking at a direct injection Yanmar under the hood versus the indirect injection Yanmar for the 4110.

Third, even though the hydraulic system is the same between the 4110 and 4115, the effective usability of the loader and 3PH on the 4115 is increased by the greater gross machine weight.

Finally, if you don't mind some feedback from someone who owns the closest thing to the 4115, I'd say you will love the machine. All of the controls are simple, solid, and convenient. The loader and attachments, including the belly mower, come off and on as easily as anything you will find out there. There will be plenty of tips on add-ons, so I'll skip those for now. Hope this was some help in the event you find yourself wondering what you would get in comparison to a machine that will cost you around $1,800-$2,000 less.

Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ JD 4115 #4  
I can't add much to what Bigpete told you except that I have had my 4115 for a year now and I love it. I had a MF 231 and traded down in size but the 4115 is much easier to get around in the woods and doesn't tear up the yard with the R-4 tires.My theory in selecting the 4115 was decide what basic frame size tractor you want then get the biggest in that category.So far it's working for me.I don't think you'll regret it!

/ JD 4115
I was trying to find the tractor with the most oomph with the smallest size. I don't want to have to clear a 12' swath out through the woods just to get a little load of firewood. I also want a loader that has quick detach. I also like the direct injection and the Twin-Touch hydro.
One JD dealer I went to was really arrogant when he learned I had a Cub Cadet and I assure you that I will NOT visit him again. There is another that is much closer and I will give him a try. I alread have aome green L&G equipment and it would be great to only have to go to one dealer for parts and service.

/ JD 4115 #6  
I have a 4110 and would have gone for the 4115, but the 4110 was all I needed and I couldn't justify the extra price. I do have the 46 backhoe and find it surprisingly capable.

Cliff

/ JD 4115 #7  
A couple things I learned while shopping for my tractor:
1.Compact tractors kind of fall through the cracks between lawn tractors and big farm tractors when it comes to product knowledge of the salesman.
2.Whatever the have in stock is exactly what you need.
3.Check with the same dealership 5 times a week and you will get 5 different prices.

Bottom line is know what you want and what is a good price then stand tough!
Good Luck

/ JD 4115
Whatever the have in stock is exactly what you need

isn't that the truth... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ JD 4115 #9  
I have the older 4100 model. I am not sure if its closer to the 4115 or the 4110. I think its sized like the 4115, but the power is closer to the 4110.

Mostly it has worked great for me. Plenty of power to run the 60" mid-mower. More than enough to push the 54" blade for snow removal here in MN.

One of the main things I don't like about it, is improved in the specs of the 4115: More power, more hydraulic pressure, and more hydraulic flow. These three factors are important when using the loader. The 60" bucket on my 4100 is somewhat under-powered - its easy to fill to with more than it can lift. Also, its slow. A faster loader will make you more productive. Hopefully on the 4115, the increased pressure and higher flow (and the power to drive those two increases) will improve the loader functionality.

Funny side of the story is that I when I bought the loader, I wanted the smaller, 54" bucket, but the dealer talked me into what he had in stock!

- Rick

/ JD 4115 #10  
GreenRules ,

I have a 4110 HST , I also looked at the 4115 and for what the difference were and cost it did not make sense. The 4110 does exactly what I need. I use it for manure management (spreading) pasture up keep , barn chores etc. I do alot of loader work and I must say that it handles everything I have asked. I have the larger materials bucket and the proper rear ballast , I have no problems. I do not mow with it so the R4's are perfect and in the event I need to go over the lawn I just take it out of 4WD so the fronts do not dig. I think the bottom line would be to ask yourself it the added capacity / items warrant the extra cost to you , based on what you are going to use the machine for. The only items I have added after are engine block heater and tranny heater. Hope this helps

Good Luck

Mark