JD 4100 vs CK20

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #1  

rico304

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300 w/ FEL
Lots of landscaping to be done and am trying to decide on tractor. What are the advantages to Kioti over John Deere on these comparable models? Both are close in price range. JD is a little more? Haven't been able to get to a Kioti dealer to check out CK20 yet. Thnx

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #2  
They are both made with imported components-- so "buying American" is all out the window. I like orange much better than green so get that one...you won't be so "me too".
The Kiotis are built like a proverbial brick #2 storage facility. Very few complaints apparently from owners. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Check Deer Johns postings for issues with owners I'd say.
Kioti has to be cheaper $$ wise, and be neck and neck feature wise- I'd think. Heck while your at it get the CK30 HST --it has a cup holder and 10 more HP

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #3  
As for Deere the 4100 hasnt been made since 2001...you would be looking at the 4110 as its direct current replacement....Yanmar built in japan and rock solid, you will find little in the negative arena for those models made by Yanmar for Deere. These models consist of the 2210, 4010, 4110 & 4115...the 4x10 series have been out for a while, and are proven. Part of their reliability is because they are electronics free, unlike their larger brothers...

I dont know enough about the CK20 to comment on - love to see some feedback on them....

Ducati

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #4  
<font color="orange"> it has a cup holder and 10 more HP
</font>

CK20 has a cup holder now, so all the CK30 has now is 10 more hp. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #5  
To me, the largest difference is in price.
The CK20 offers a heavily built, sturdy tractor with steel fenders and hood, good clearance, an excellent engine and has proven to be able to do a lot of tasks I just never thought it would do.
It's been quite a while now since I was looking to buy, so I can't comment on the newer JD model, but at the time the JD4100 didn't offer ME enough to justify the few thousand more dollars the dealer wanted for it.
I have over 300 problem-free hours so far, and continue to be very happy with my purchase.
John

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #6  
<font color="red"> </font> I have over 300 problem-free hours so far, and continue to be very happy with my purchase.
John )</font>

Your family misses you.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your family misses you.... )</font>
Not much of one left, I'm afraid. Maybe that's why I have so many hours!
John

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #8  
<font color="blue"> What are the advantages to Kioti over John Deere on these comparable models? Both are close in price range. </font>

We have both at our Munfordville, Ky store location, Contact my son, Greg and get prices on both. His phone # is 270-524-0385 and Email is glsweet@scrtc.com --Ken Sweet

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #9  
rico304 . . . do yourself a favor and give Ken's dealership a call. They are great people to work with.

/ JD 4100 vs CK20 #10  
I really can't comment on the JD. You will get more for your money with a Kioti. They are great tractors more bang for your buck. I love me ck30hst.