JD 4044R Reviews

/ JD 4044R Reviews #1  

teeravis1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
Hi All - I would like to hear from those of you that own a JD 4044R. I am curious if you have had a good experience so far with them or if you have had problems? I am curious to hear from others as mine is about a year old with 84 hours on it and i have had a number of electrical issues with it since I bought and have one remaining that the dealer has not been able to figure out the problem. Look forward to hearing your reviews. - Thanks

/ JD 4044R Reviews #2  
What is the remaining electrical issue?

/ JD 4044R Reviews
What is the remaining electrical issue?
Tractor randomly throws a diagnostic code ICC A 2003.09 and it causes the transmission to lock up and about throws you out of the seat or into the back window pending which direction you are traveling and how fast when it occurs. Sometimes you can shut off the tractor and restart and it will work for a while sometimes it does it over and over and sometimes the code won't reset and you have leave the tractor off for a while and come back to it later for the code to go away so you can use it again. Have had techs out multiple times but it is sporadic and they can't pin point the issue. Also when I first purchased I had some kind of transmission safety sensor issue which is now fixed but caused the tractor to sit in the dealership for almost 2 months being fixed when I first got it, they also had to fix a water leak in my cab at that time. Knock on wood since the last tech was out it has not done this , the problem is it is random and we don't know if it is fixed or not. My big concern is what happens when the tractor is out of warranty if this keeps ongoing, one i don't want to deal with it, but two am I going to have to start paying for all the tech labor as they come out and try to fix it.

/ JD 4044R Reviews #4  
I had a issue when I 1st bought my 4320. it would blow dark smoke and wouldn't get out of its own way. dealership had it for a good 7 months before they were able to fix it. My dealership extended my warranty a full year because of the issue. they gave me a little 2210 to use to do some small landscaping work I wanted to do around the house, while the 4320 was in the shop. when it was all said and done they made me a incredible deal if I wanted to buy the 2210 . It was to good to pass up and ended up buying that as well. never had any issues with the 2210
. and only other issue with the 4320 was the fuel sending unit which they covered and repaired. I'll have to say I did a ton of communication with both deere and my dealership. I never knew if deere extended the warranty. or weather my dealership took that on by themselves?

/ JD 4044R Reviews
Come on now, don’t be shy - There must be a few other 4044R owners on here that can give their review of / experience with the tractor?

/ JD 4044R Reviews #6  
Doesn't seem to be any consensus on how to resolve this over on GTT - this is a bit concerning. Error code ICC A 2003.09

I would think a 2 year warranty from the date of repair for labor/parts on the electrical/electronics on your machine is justified. Something along the lines "if this symptom occurs in a two year period after repair, the warranty clock resets again for 2 years for issues related to electrical/wiring/electronics".

/ JD 4044R Reviews
Doesn't seem to be any consensus on how to resolve this over on GTT - this is a bit concerning. Error code ICC A 2003.09

I would think a 2 year warranty from the date of repair for labor/parts on the electrical/electronics on your machine is justified. Something along the lines "if this symptom occurs in a two year period after repair, the warranty clock resets again for 2 years for issues related to electrical/wiring/electronics".
Thanks Carl_NH

/ JD 4044R Reviews #8  
I've had five Kubotas in my lifetime. Incredible machines and top notch tech support. As I aged plowing snow in an open tractor at 10 degrees and howling wind became more of an issue so I wanted a cab. Almost bought another Kubota, but the dealer had been bought out and the new owners had slashed benefits and pay, resulting in most of their talent leaving. The John Deere dealer was great, and the ability to control the tractor from the rear fender made attaching implements a dream. So I bought the 4044R.

The tractor is a dream to use, and if it was well built I'd be overjoyed. But it's been one issue after another. First the green paint on the frame and loader started peeling off in huge sheets; clearly they had issues with the prep. Several slow hydraulic leaks. Failed tie rod end and after waiting for three weeks for a replacement it didn't fit; turned out the factory had flipped the assembly so the right end was on the left and vice versa. The AC compressor failed one month after warranty. The cruise control accelerates to full throttle unexpectedly so I no longer use it. Error messages on the instruments are numeric, and more often than not are not listed in the manual nor in the manuals my dealer has. Tier 4 regen in cold weather is hit or miss. If it's too cold and the engine temp doesn't reach the threshold for regen the tractor goes into limp mode. My dealer tried to help but finally reached out to JD corporate for help. Their advice was to "wait for warmer weather."

My feeling is John Deere is focused on big farm equipment and that they consider CUTs as toys not worthy of their full support. My 4044R has been running well for the past year with routine maintenance and me constantly retouching bare metal where the finish peeled off, but after having so many issues with it I have a feeling the next issue is right around the corner. If I could afford it, I'd go back to Kubota.

/ JD 4044R Reviews
I was really hoping when I posted this that there would be a number of very happy 4044R owners that had no issues with their tractor. Was looking for peace of mind because I am concerned what's to come in the future because of the issues I have had within the first 1.5 years of owning, which began within a month of buying and I was hoping issues with the 4044R were not common. Unfortunately due to lack of responses it seems not many have bought a 4044R and those that have, have issues. I have the same paint issue as you as well. Not that it hurts the tractor but frustrating as all get out when you pay that much for something and the damn paint is peeling / chunking off. There is more paint peeled off my JD in 6 months of owning than off my prior [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] after 12 years of use. I'm in the same boat as you Boondox but I am currently talking to my local [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] dealer on trading in just to get rid of my 4044R and avoid the future issues to come. Problem is I have to now take a hit to get rid of it but may see if I can swing it because I have no faith in JD after this experience. Don't get me wrong my dealer has fixed and is trying to fix my issues (other than the paint peeling, never even tried that battle) and has been pretty good but I didn't pay that much to have to call a tech out almost every time I try to use it - frankly its horse dung. Would have never expected that from JD but I know I will not ever buy another JD after this. Anyway I hope you can get your cruise control and other issues fixed, its not right to have all these issues when you pay so much for something.