JD 350 sickle bar issue

/ JD 350 sickle bar issue #1  

ricku55

Tractor
I just bought a JD 350 sickle mower, late model. I brought it home and everything seems to work on it as I cut some of the tall grass and weeds in our creek flats. I took the cutter bar off to replace and sharpen some of the knives and found there is a little play (about 1/8") in the back-and-forth (horizontal) motion of the wobbler box. I wondered if this is normal or if there is something worn in there that I need to replace. Anyone have any information on this issue? I would appreciate your input or advise. Thanks,
Rick

/ JD 350 sickle bar issue #2  
The wobble box, if like the WB in their MOCO's and probably is as you have to move the sickle in both implements, has to be without slack and the torque on the bolt that secures the pin that connects the bar to the box arm was spec'd at 150 ft-lbs on my JD 1209 MOCO. In short, slack will cause the end of your bar to break. BTDT

TX. Jim can help you.

Mark

/ JD 350 sickle bar issue
Mark,
Thanks for the reply. I talked to Webb's Sickle Parts and they told me that there shouldn't be any play. So I tore it apart and found the play was in the wobble shaft - the big nut needed to be tightened and that took away the play. But thanks for the reply and the information on the torque of the box arm.
Rick

/ JD 350 sickle bar issue #4  
Great!