JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV

/ JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV #11  
   / JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV
Can you also provide close up photo of the valve housing surface where the cover bolts on? R49187 is the correct seal number

@jd110 Here is a picture of the assembly where the cover bolts to. It is leaking right in the middle between the two covers. I am confident it is the cover on the left leaking which is not installed.

IMG_20220112_195025492.jpg

/ JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV #13  
Does new seal extend out higher than groove? It should extend out of groove & tightening bolts should cause quad-ring to expand in width. I suggest placing cover on very fine grit sandpaper that's resting on a flat surface. Moving cover back & forth on sandpaper a few strokes then check for high or low spots.

/ JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV #14  
I had a leak on my dual SCVs on my JD 2030 between the valves. It was the O-ring between the valves, not the covers in my case.

I had a leak on my dual SCVs on my JD 2030 between the valves. It was the O-ring between the valves, not the covers in my case.
@Zebrafive Was it leaking out of the top cover? and if so which seal are you talking about? Thank you!
Does new seal extend out higher than groove? It should extend out of groove & tightening bolts should cause quad-ring to expand in width. I suggest placing cover on very fine grit sandpaper that's resting on a flat surface. Moving cover back & forth on sandpaper a few strokes then check for high or low spots.
I will give that a go, yes it does extend out. Thank you again

Last edited:
   / JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV #16  
@Zebrafive Was it leaking out of the top cover? and if so which seal are you talking about? Thank you!

I will give that a go, yes it does extend out. Thank you again
Mine was leaking BETWEEN the two SCVs. I had to replace two packings R26149 (I called them O-rings earlier)
2030packingR26149.JPG

Mine was leaking BETWEEN the two SCVs. I had to replace two packings R26149 (I called them O-rings earlier)
Thanks for the information! I will take a look at that as well, I plan on removing the offending one this weekend and taking a deep dive on it. Would be nice if it was something simple like two packings... Not my luck though.

just a follow up, the
Just a follow up, The leak WAS between the SCV's and it was the seals on the shafts! Pretty easy to replace!

/ JD 2440 Leaking from Cover of Old Style Dual Remote SCV #19  
Congratulations on your repair. Thanks for posting update.