JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges

/ JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #1  

buckshot721

Silver Member
Tractor
All John Deere 425 x485 2305 4x2 Gator L130
Well started up the 2305 other day and noticed the oil light would not shut off. got off and checked the oil, wire to the oil sender everything was ok. First thing I did was change the oil and filter and replace oil sender unit. Still the same light would not shut off. Swapped sending units with 3 different ones no change. Pulled the sending unit I put a mechanical gauge on it found it had 55psi at idle. So my problem has to be with the wiring, and it looks to be a pia to pull apart the dash and panel to follow the wiring. Also I really would rather have a set of gauges instead of just relying on idiot lights. Problem is the dash is not really big enough to mount a couple of water temp and oil pressure gauges (I think the gauges measure 2 1/6 dia napa) Has anybody come up with an idea for mounting gauges on this tractor? I don't want to just start drilling holes and it ends up looking like crap. Tnx

/ JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #2  
this past summer i had the exact same thing on a massy and went through the same steps as you. it turned out to be in the key switch. a new switch cured the problem -but i have a gauge on it now any way.

/ JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #3  
This is how I added oil pressure and volt gauges to my DK 35.
I think it looks fine here and easy to see.

Attachments

• HPIM1452.JPG
    HPIM1452.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 182
  • HPIM1453.JPG
    HPIM1453.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 159
   / JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #4  
Vince;
Where did you get the set of gauges ? Are they water proof ?
I like real gauges . Just installed a trio ( temp, oil, and volt ) Sun brand with the classic turned metal face on our 63 Belair. Next to the Hurst lever, bench seat, the gauges turn the clock back to the 60s.

/ JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #5  
Last edited:
   / JD 2305 Oil light replaced with gauges #6