Buying Advice JD 2305 2010

/ JD 2305 2010 #1  

roadrunner255

Tractor
none
Hello all,

First post here so be gentle!

Looking for a utility tractor for my 2.5 acre yard, for cutting grass and moving material around, and the local dealer has a 2010 2305 with loader (no MMM) about 175 hours for $11K.

I tried googling blue book values for tractors but couldnt find anything.

Is this a good value and would it be much more to purchase a MMM? Not a lot of information other than a vin number and the loader is green.

Thanks in advance!

/ JD 2305 2010 #3  
I'd do some pretty hard bargaining before paying that much for a 5 year old tractor, even with low hours. I hate to be negative, but current list price on a 1023E with loader is around $15,000 but I think there is a $1000 cash back program plus you should be able to get 10% or more off the list price. So I think the equivalent new tractor price would be around $12.5K.

A mid-mount mower, depending on which lift system you want, is going to cost close to $3000. It's a nice setup but you can get a decent zero turn mower for not much more than that and you can get a good quality 3 point finish mower for the tractor for half that, if a rear mower would work on your property.

Don't mean to discourage you. I have a 2320 with a 62D mid mount mower and I really like it. I just don't think you should discard any of the options.

/ JD 2305 2010
I'd do some pretty hard bargaining before paying that much for a 5 year old tractor, even with low hours. I hate to be negative, but current list price on a 1023E with loader is around $15,000 but I think there is a $1000 cash back program plus you should be able to get 10% or more off the list price. So I think the equivalent new tractor price would be around $12.5K.

A mid-mount mower, depending on which lift system you want, is going to cost close to $3000. It's a nice setup but you can get a decent zero turn mower for not much more than that and you can get a good quality 3 point finish mower for the tractor for half that, if a rear mower would work on your property.

Don't mean to discourage you. I have a 2320 with a 62D mid mount mower and I really like it. I just don't think you should discard any of the options.

I see what you mean, dealer is quoting me $3750 for the MMM on the 1023E and you can get an nice mower for that price, disadvantage is I would have another tractor to store and maintain.

Thanks