Loader JD 2240 FEL quick attach help

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #11  
The link is to a JD quick attach pallet fork frame.
I got the impression the OP has a pin on bucket?
I understood he wanted to update, and figured the 430 FEL style might fit, and he just needed to update his older 146 FEL.

Now up to the OP which way he wants to go.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help
I understood he wanted to update, and figured the 430 FEL style might fit, and he just needed to update his older 146 FEL.

Now up to the OP which way he wants to go.
Correct, trying to figure out the best way and if the newer JD style would fit my pins with the older 146?

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #13  
OP, do you have fabrication capabilities or are you looking for a plug and play option? I can't help you with John Deere specific parts compatibility but I've converted half a dozen or so different tractors to SSQA (including one John Deere. Don't recall the model) and could help if you have questions about a conversion.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help
OP, do you have fabrication capabilities or are you looking for a plug and play option? I can't help you with John Deere specific parts compatibility but I've converted half a dozen or so different tractors to SSQA (including one John Deere. Don't recall the model) and could help if you have questions about a conversion.
I can fab a bit with stick welder and some cutting. But I am not the best.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #15  
I can fab a bit with stick welder and some cutting. But I am not the best.
That's not a project for a novice, IMO. Not that its complicated, but weld or design failure could cause some serious damage. Sounds like you should be looking for a plug and play option. Unfortunately I doubt that's gonna be cheap. If it's not urgent, and you've got the time, start developing your welding skills on other projects. Some folks pick it up quick.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #16  
I bought this framework from Deere for my 80 loader. 'They' said it wouldn't work. It does if you make a tiny modification to the curl cylinder pin collars: Grind off 1/16".
then I bought a new bucket all set up for the Deere QA, but a grinder can remove all the old bucket's pin fittings and then you weld on these 2 plates. I even made up a new offset post hole digger from a set and it runs hydraulically. Nice to see where the auger is headed into the ground and my owl neck is gone. Even my bucket old level rod fits right in. By far the most use I get from it is forks. I even move my golf carts around with them. Built a snowplow frame up by this year I want to try a broom. Have not used the tree puller yet, but pretty soon !

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_163119_01.jpg
    IMG_20221021_163119_01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • qa brackets.JPG
    qa brackets.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221022_124048_01.jpg
    IMG_20221022_124048_01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20221111_095321_01.jpg
    IMG_20221111_095321_01.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221230_150445_01.jpg
    IMG_20221230_150445_01.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
   / JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #17  
Hello [my friend],

I noticed your inquiry about the John Deere 2240 repair manual, and I'm happy to assist you in finding the information you need. The John Deere 2240 is a reliable tractor, and having the right repair manual is essential for proper maintenance.

To obtain the repair manual for the John Deere 2240, you have a few options:

1. Official John Deere Website: Visit the official John Deere website's support or publications section. They often have manuals available for download or purchase.
  2. Authorized Dealerships: Reach out to your nearest John Deere authorized dealership. They may have the repair manual in stock or can guide you on how to obtain it.
  3. Online Retailers: Explore online retailers and auction sites. Sometimes, individuals or sellers offer manuals for specific tractor models. Ensure that the source is reputable and the manual is authentic.
  4. Specialized Agricultural Forums: Check out forums or online communities dedicated to tractor enthusiasts. Members often share resources and may guide you on where to find or purchase the John Deere 2240 repair manual.
Remember to verify the credibility of any source before obtaining the manual. Having the correct repair manual is crucial for maintaining and troubleshooting your John Deere 2240 effectively.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Happy repairing!

Best regards,

John Deere 2240 Service Repair Manual
Are you a a human?