JD 110 TLB

/ JD 110 TLB #1  

bcinphx

Tractor
JD 110 TLB
Ok, had to re-register for some reason....
Read tons of posts and bought the speed sensor in an effort to stop the surging when driving...didn't work.
I have also cleaned and electrically cleaned the hydrostatic potientometers. Forward and reverse still surge...everything else works as it should.
Another idea please.
Bill

/ JD 110 TLB #2  
Sorry Bill… was hoping you would be lucky like I was with the sensor…

The wire connection good and not damaged?

Last edited:
   / JD 110 TLB #3  
Are you getting correct voltage out of the potientometers? There is a range from no pedal to full pedal the voltages should be.

/ JD 110 TLB
Waitung on the connectors to make the test equipment. Stupid thing is it drove good for 10 minutes yesterday. And then back to surging.
Bill

/ JD 110 TLB
Built the test connector and pots are at 5 volts. Tractor still surges in drive. Am befuddled.
Bill

/ JD 110 TLB #6  
Maybe flywheel engine speed sensor (if you have it) there is a serial number break where it is no longer used.
110enginespeedsensor.JPG

Or throttle position sensor. It could be at the throttle linkage, or injection pump, depending on your serial number.
110throttlepositionsensor1.JPG
110throttlepositionsensor.JPG

/ JD 110 TLB
My '04 does have the flywheel sensor. Umplugged it and tractor starts off a little sluggish but runs/moves in forward and reverse just fine now. Pulled, cleaned a little corrosion off sensor and reinstalled. Running fine at the moment. I will watch it to see if it keeps.
Thanks guys,
Bill