JCB 212 series ????

/ JCB 212 series ???? #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
Just wondering if anybody has any feedback or feelings about the 212SU or 212S by JCB. I'm looking to buy a new machine and the 212SU will do what I need but.....its a JCB.

/ JCB 212 series ???? #2  
Tags
Seems like an impressive machine. The engine is the same as in their full size TLB's, sans Turbo. One brochure describes it as a JCB 1000 series diesel the other brochure describes it as a 1000 series Perkins diesel. A 243 or 259 cubic inch Perkins in a 10,000 pound machine would definitely not be stressed. A 5300 pound lift capacity on the loader is impressive. The only thing that does not impress me is the 15.3 GPM capacity of the hydraulic system. The 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering would be handy in close quarters. Limited slip is optional on the difs. Michelin industrial and turf tires are optional. The TLB version with side shift backhoe has impressive figures and a 12 foot digging depth. The 3 point hitch version seems like it would be a good grounds maintenance machine. I don't have any personal experience with this machine amd I've only talked to one person that had experience with a full size JCB TLB. He seemed happy with it.

RonL

/ JCB 212 series ???? #3  
I happened to see a JCB 210S at a construction site yesterday. I didn't have time to stop and take a closer look , but I did notice several features. The loader bucket was narrower than a full size backhoe but it was deep and appeared to have substantial capacity. The backhoe was sideshift. With the hoe shifted to one side and turned 90 degrees it was contained within the width of the machine and extended maybe a foot back of the machine. It also did not appear to extend much higher than the cab. The hoe tucked neatly out of the way. If I have time monday I may go back to that construction site and have a closer look at the machine.

RonL