Jack Frost lives in Ohio

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
Just sort of lounging around this morning and thought I'd post some photos of our Ohio winter. I threw a couple of wildlife photos as well. I haven't been too happy with my camera lately, I think it may need some attention. The picture quality just doesn't seem what it used to be.

Mark

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 172
  • lostthefight.jpg
    lostthefight.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 129
  • wintery.jpg
    wintery.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 134
  • wintery3.jpg
    wintery3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 103
  • woody.jpg
    woody.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 136
  • wintery6.jpg
    wintery6.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 119
  • wintery5.jpg
    wintery5.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 109
  • wintery4.jpg
    wintery4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 107
   / Jack Frost lives in Ohio #3  
While it is admittedly beautiful, your pictures remind me why we decided to settle in Texas when we retired from Uncle Sam's Army. My wife is from Arizona, I was born and raised in western Pennsylvania (Go Steelers!).
Today's temperature will be up around 70.
Oh, did I mention GO STEELERS?

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #4  
While it is admittedly beautiful, your pictures remind me why we decided to settle in Texas when we retired from Uncle Sam's Army. My wife is from Arizona, I was born and raised in western Pennsylvania (Go Steelers!).
Today's temperature will be up around 70.
Oh, did I mention GO STEELERS?
Yeah and you also mentioned temperature will be up around 70 which is the part i like.:)

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #5  
Just sort of lounging around this morning and thought I'd post some photos of our Ohio winter. I threw a couple of wildlife photos as well. I haven't been too happy with my camera lately, I think it may need some attention. The picture quality just doesn't seem what it used to be.

Mark

That's some great pictures, i always enjoy photos of the wildlife.

Do you have any problems with the squirrels at your feeders.

Thanks for sharing

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #6  
Mark,

Nice pictures, but I can see where they are not very sharp or crisp. What type of camera are you using? What type of zoom and are you zooming in past the optical zoom and going digital?

A few years ago, I started a thread on buying a good quality digital camera and asked for suggestions. We did allot of research and hands on comparison before deciding on the Canan S1. It has a 12X optical zoom as well as more features then we've been able to use. It does an amazing job on taking pictures and we've been very happy with it. We found the best price at Beach Camera at the time, but have since checked them for other items and found lower prices at Amazon and Newegg. Find the best camera and then search for the best price.

Right now, we are in the early stage of planing our vacation for this fall and Steph wants to upgrade her camera. Canon has the Powershot SX10IS with a 20X optical zoom, 10 mp, optical stabilizer and you can capture high resolution pictures while shooting video clips for $350

Eddie

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #7  
Good Afternoon Mark,
Very nice shots ! Thanks for posting !

Some of the pictures do seem a bit foggy, if thats the right word. Maybe some moisture has gotten into the lens ? Or maybe the camera hadnt acclimated itself to the outside temp yet ?

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio
Thanks for the comments.
weldingisfun - I'm just biding my time til kick off. Admittedly I am not a huge football fan, just too much going on most of the time. When it does come to football, the Steelers are my team.

johndeere4300 - There are squirrels that get to the feeder but not very many. They seem to be more interested in the corn that I put out for the deer. There are three or four fat ones that will sit out there for an hour at a time eating shelled corn.

LB - You might as well make the most of the next couple of months, 'cause the closest thing you going to see to 70 is the speed limit on I-77 in West Virginia. Thats the way to Florida by the way;)

Eddie - The camera is a Canon GL-2. It is primarily a digital video camera and would be considered to be one of the better ones. It has also served me well in regards to taking digital photos. I will post a couple examples of the quality it is capable of.

Scott - Good afternoon to you. I am not sure what is going on, but I assure you I will get to the bottom of it. Moisture is what I was thinking too. Could the SD card be causing it?

Here are some photos using the same camera. These photos were from a bike trip out west a few years ago.

Mark

Attachments

• prez.jpg
    prez.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 94
  • prez1.jpg
    prez1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 97
  • prez2.jpg
    prez2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 88
  • prez3.jpg
    prez3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 96
  • view.jpg
    view.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 82
  • view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 87
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 97
   / Jack Frost lives in Ohio #9  
Thanks for the comments.
weldingisfun - I'm just biding my time til kick off. Admittedly I am not a huge football fan, just too much going on most of the time. When it does come to football, the Steelers are my team.

johndeere4300 - There are squirrels that get to the feeder but not very many. They seem to be more interested in the corn that I put out for the deer. There are three or four fat ones that will sit out there for an hour at a time eating shelled corn.

LB - You might as well make the most of the next couple of months, 'cause the closest thing you going to see to 70 is the speed limit on I-77 in West Virginia. Thats the way to Florida by the way;)

Eddie - The camera is a Canon GL-2. It is primarily a digital video camera and would be considered to be one of the better ones. It has also served me well in regards to taking digital photos. I will post a couple examples of the quality it is capable of.

Scott - Good afternoon to you. I am not sure what is going on, but I assure you I will get to the bottom of it. Moisture is what I was thinking too. Could the SD card be causing it?

Here are some photos using the same camera. These photos were from a bike trip out west a few years ago.

Mark

Thanks for the extra pictures, those was some nice shots!!!

I didn't see anything wrong with the first pictures, i think it is hard
to take pictures of snow especially when it is snowing.

That camera you have is a great camera, i notice that when you take
a camera, binoculars or a rifle with a scope and it has been inside where it is warm and then go outside where its cold there will be some fogging, even if it is fogproof.

Thanks for sharing

/ Jack Frost lives in Ohio #10  
Very nice photos , looks the same as here in WNY (WESTERN NEW YORK) WERE you shooting though a window? or in high zoom. snow is tough for photos sometin=mes hard to get good focus