I've been a member for quite some time but haven't posted.

/ I've been a member for quite some time but haven't posted. #1  

Dwilson540

Tractor
Kubota L4200
I have a Kubota L4200. Great tractor, I had it on a project site in Mobile, Al and after we completed the project I decided I could use it at my home in Topeka, KS. Bucket, cab with heat and A/C. I've owned it personally now for about 20 years and other than hydraulic hoses not much has gone wrong with it. I think I did have the starter motor rebuilt once. I took off the original wheels and tires and replaced them with turf tires so I wouldn't tear up the yard so much.
Now I do have a problem, seems like the four wheel drive doesn't operate. I've read where there is a "box" under the engine where the linkage to the four wheel drive engages and that it is probably a ring or something broken. Anyone with experience on repairing this? I kind of need the four wheel drive to move snow and "plow" my way through mud.

Dale

/ I've been a member for quite some time but haven't posted. #2  
Sorry I can't help you, might try posting that question in the Kubota forums though.

/ I've been a member for quite some time but haven't posted. #3  
I have a Kubota L4200. Great tractor, I had it on a project site in Mobile, Al and after we completed the project I decided I could use it at my home in Topeka, KS. Bucket, cab with heat and A/C. I've owned it personally now for about 20 years and other than hydraulic hoses not much has gone wrong with it. I think I did have the starter motor rebuilt once. I took off the original wheels and tires and replaced them with turf tires so I wouldn't tear up the yard so much.
Now I do have a problem, seems like the four wheel drive doesn't operate. I've read where there is a "box" under the engine where the linkage to the four wheel drive engages and that it is probably a ring or something broken. Anyone with experience on repairing this? I kind of need the four wheel drive to move snow and "plow" my way through mud.

Dale
How many times are you gonna post the same question? I answered you on your other post.

Maybe you should just keep lurking....lol

/ I've been a member for quite some time but haven't posted. #4  
Hi Dale :) You should get some helpful answers on your post in the Kubota section.