Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions

/ Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I have made this recipe a number of times in a camp Dutch oven. It is very good, especially if you are working outside and have a burn pile going; you can use coals from fire to cook with.
Hoagie rolls or french bread sandwich rolls work great.

I give full credit to the now defunct Byron Bills Dutch Oven webpage. It was a great website that we used a lot for Boy Scout campout recipes. The site is no longer active, but copies have been hosted.
Byron's Dutch Oven Recipes - Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions

Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions
4 lbs. italian link sausages; browned
5 cloves garlic; minced
1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
2 tsp. dry leaf basil; rubbed
2 med. yellow onions; halved and sliced
2 tsp. dry leaf oregano; rubbed
2 green bell peppers; sliced into strips

Combine all ingredients in a 12" Dutch oven and stir to mix. Place lid on oven and bake using 6-8 briquettes bottom and 12-14 briquettes top for 2 hours.

Serve on hard or hoagie rolls.

Serves: 8-10

/ Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions #2  
Another easy camp favorite!

My favorite DO recipes are ones with 5 or less ingredients and everything comes in a can or package, quick and easy is the name of the game when I'm camping...I don't want to spend my whole vacation cooking.

I love my cast iron pie irons too!

/ Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions #3  
This one looks great. We eat sausage a lot, but never tried it with tomato sauce like this. This might be an easy crock pot recipe that I'll try instead of waiting for DO weather. I do love leftover grilled or smoked Italian sausage sliced up on top of a pile of spaghetti and tomato sauce.

/ Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions #4  
If you want to be el-cheapo, Costco has a really good Italian sausage with peppers and onions at their food court for $2.95.

mark

/ Italian Sausages With Peppers And Onions #5  
Robert I think your toying with my emotions. :licking: