Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135

/ Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135 #1  

lonelyop

Tractor
LS XG3135
I just installed a dual rear remote on my XG3135. Not hydrostatic if it matters. I now have a tractor without any responsive FEL or three point lift. Pretty sure I did something wrong.

The instructions were not clear on connecting to the loader valve, or they just assumed a level of understanding I don't have. Fairly certain this is where the mistake was made.

Before install, I had a flexible pressure line running from the bottom of the loader valve (still do) to the back to hookup to the backhoe. The return for the backhoe went into the top hydraulic assembly under the seat. The steel line that went down to the loader valve lined up with the top port. I removed some sort of spring valve the and connected the line from the remote valve body to the port it lined up with. The pressure line for the backhoe is still there, as shown in the photo.

So, a few questions:

1) Is there a location to download possibly updated instructions for the dual rear remote installation?
2) Will hydraulics operation be resolved by moving the steel pressure line to the remote valve body from the top port on the loader valve to the bottom and re-installing the springy valve thing?
3) Whats the proper name and function of the springy valve thing?
4) The loader valve has a mode l number SDM104/2 cast on it, is there a manual for this thing anywhere that's available?
5) Once operational again, how do I keep constant supply to the backhoe? Both of these control levers on the remote valve body spring back to the middle of range. Do I need to remove some centering spring somewhere to keep it open? If so, does it matter which one I do this on (left or right)? I'm assuming the spring is opposite the lever?

Thanks.

Attachments

• loader_valve.jpg
    loader_valve.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • springy_valvy_thing.jpg
    springy_valvy_thing.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 50
   / Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135
So it looks like the internet ate the replies, but I had a draft started...

Eagle1,
It's a factory kit. Very similar to what is shown in that video. Only difference I see is that the PB connection to the loader valve is one that uses a banjo bolt, mine goes straight in. Yes, the power to the backhoe is from the bottom port on the loader valve, which is what I guess is the PB port. In the video they do cover my question about the spring detent. I did not get a detent kit in mine, so I'll have to order one. Until then, I guess a bungee cord will have to hold that level open while we use the backhoe.

Alexpops,
Pressure relief valve definitely needs to go back where it was. I'm not sure if the backhoe has a PB, it only has 2 lines, what I always assumed was a P and a T. The kit is designed to use the PB on the loader valve, though it does seem to have it's own PB that just get's plumbed back into the to the top of the unit under the seat.

Last edited:
It's the wrong kit. Verified with dealer. New parts on way as well as a detent kit.

/ Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135 #4  
Glad you saw the posts before they vanished into the black hole time warp of the backup restore....

/ Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135 #5  
If you don't mind how much is the kit setting you back?. Been toying with this myself.

/ Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135 #6  
that springy thing sure looks like the relief valve to me, and probably why you have no pressure anywhere. It's the one labeled 2 in the bottom picture here from my MT240 manual

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 10.56.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 10.56.09 AM.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 88

/ Issue with installing dual rear remote on XG3135 #7  
I have the dual rear remotes but no backhoe, and my block looks like this. You can see the needed relief valve on the top.

Hyd_Block1.jpg RR1.jpg

If you don't mind how much is the kit setting you back?. Been toying with this myself.
$475 for the kit. $300 for dealer to install it. Be sure to get detent kit if using it with something that needs it, like a backhoe.

Kit for XG3025 is 20122157
Kit for XG3032 XG3037 XG3135 XG3140 is 20139104

You can verify those numbers on the parts site. Only difference between those two kits is the supply line running from the PB on the loader valve.

that springy thing sure looks like the relief valve to me, and probably why you have no pressure anywhere. It's the one labeled 2 in the bottom picture here from my MT240 manual

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 10.56.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 10.56.09 AM.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 88
I put it back. I have been unable to find any docs on that valve itself. I can find it at the walvoil site, but not much info on it. I've ordered some gauges in order to troubleshoot a seemingly low lift capacity with the FEL.