3-Point Hitch Issue: 3 point arms won稚 raise on 2008 JD2520 MCUT

/ Issue: 3 point arms won稚 raise on 2008 JD2520 MCUT #1  

farmeratheart

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD2520, JD650
To my fellow TBN problem solvers ...

Background: Yesterday the 3 point was operating normally except for somewhat limited lift height because of a bent (twisted) bracket (Item B, page 60-35-2 of JD2520 Technical Manual). This bracket attaches the depth control handle to the rockshaft eccentric actuator. The bracket was removed and new part ordered from dealer (Part#AM879705)

Picked up part this morning and installed. Noted that the steel of the new bracket is about 33% thicker than the old one which should render it much less susceptible to twisting. All other dimensions (L, W, placement of holes, welded nuts) are identical. Installation of the new part went very smoothly except that the end cap over the SCV spools (white metal) that was loosened to remove the old bracket had to be removed to install the new one. All bolts and screws were secured. Started the tractor and brought the depth control handle up to its highest point. There was no movement of the lift arms from their lowest point where they had been since the disassembly was started. SCV function is normal- the FEL goes up/down and curls. PTO functions normally and the HST moves tractor in forward and reverse.

However, I now have much less 3 point arm travel after the repair (none) than before.

All suggestions as to an appropriate path forward will be considered. I have a call in to the dealer痴 Service Department but, have not received any call back yet.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

/ Issue: 3 point arms won稚 raise on 2008 JD2520 MCUT
Well I'm really surprised that no one had any suggestions for the problem …

Solution: After sleeping on this problem overnight and talking with a good friend who is around tractors all of the time the arms are functioning properly again. Employed the lift arm adjustment procedure outlined on page 60-35-2 of JD2520 Technical Manual (Yes, I was looking right at it yesterday!).

I wanted to scan that page of the Tech Manual in to this update, but the book is too big for my scanner.

Hopefully, I have helped the next guy.

Frank

/ Issue: 3 point arms won稚 raise on 2008 JD2520 MCUT #3  
If that page comes up on your computer screen, then you can do a "screen save", paste it into "Paint", and crop it before saving it as a .jpg file. Then add that here by using the "Go Advanced" feature to add pics. Pretty straight forward, and easier than trying to scan a book/manual.
Anything seen on the monitor can be saved as a .jpg file.

No comment on your original post, because couldn't tell for sure from your description just what was happening. Sorry,