iseki ts1910

/ iseki ts1910 #1  

jackscat

help please - 2 problems with the lift gear. I am new to tractors so apprciate any input. Question 1 - the lift gear is not moving - it was when I bought the tractor 2 weeks ago so is something just a little stiff?

Question 2 - how can I convert to a 3Pt from the existing 2Pt?

/ iseki ts1910 #2  
Surely not to be rude:

1. what is lift gear?.....are you refering to the front end loader (FEL) or the arms at the rear.

2. there are usually two arms that move up and down to lift implements........these are known as the three point hitch (3PH)

we were all there where YOU are right now.......any help is not a problem........Dennis

/ iseki ts1910 #3  
Sounds like you are missing the adjustable top link... the 3rd point of the 3 point hitch. Tractor Supply Co. has them. The lower 2 arms are the other 2 point in the 3 point hitch.

/ iseki ts1910 #5  
If you are refering ot the lift gear as the two arms of the 3 pth, then there are couple of things that could be wrong. 1. check the oil level of your UTHF (universal tractor hydraulic fluid) You can use this name at any oil distributor as they will each have their own brand names for the same type of fluid.
2. How may hours on the machine and what have you used it for. With this information, it can be determined if your pump is weak. ( this could be a factor for 3 pth or loader)
Your conversion to a 3 pth could be as simple as a top link. This is a screw adjustable fixed link to complete the 3 pth. Top links are sold at any implement dealer ship of farm supply store. You should be asking for a category 1 link.

/ iseki ts1910 #6  
Under the front of the seat on the 3 point lift casting is an adjustable knob to control the descent rate of the 3 point hitch. If someone turned this all the way in (clockwise usually but don't force it past a stop /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) it will affect the flow to the 3 point lift arms. Kids are known to twist and fiddle with every knob they can get there hands on. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It can be hard to turn and the knob easily broken especially on an older tractor. You may want to take the knob off and use an appropiate tool to free it up with some penetrating oil. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ iseki ts1910
Many thanks for your pointers - I'll check them all out