Iseki TS1610

/ Iseki TS1610 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and it's GREAT! I've been in the market for small tractor. I've looked at Yanmar's and Kubota's.
I've got a chance to buy an Iseki TS1610.
I don't know much about this tractor, but if anyone has one I'd like to have some input.
Is it dependable, good working, etc?
Thanks to all,
Daveo.

/ Iseki TS1610 #2  
Welcome aboard. The 1610 is a sturdy tractor with a good reputation. It is available in 2 or 4 wheel drive, with 16 hp at the PTO, approx 18hp gross. As it is a 2cyl, it is a little rougher running than newer 3cyl tractors. I assume you know that this is a grey market tractor that was never sold in the US (?) Anyhow, parts are a bit tricky to find but people here on the board can help. I believe the last year the 1610 was made was 1980 or so, perhaps 1983 - so you are looking at a 20yr old tractor.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post

/ Iseki TS1610
SteveM,
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I know it's a grey, but that's alright.
All the other tractors I've looked at are greys as well.
I can buy it for $2100.00 (US).
Does that sound like a good price for a 1610?

Thanks,
Daveo

/ Iseki TS1610
Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? If you can get 4wd for $2100, jump on it! Isekis rule! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Iseki TS1610 #5  
If it is 2WD it's still a good deal.

Eugene

/ Iseki TS1610 #6  
I've had my TS1610F for almost a year now. The only problem I have in the tractor is a leak from the front axle. It has been overworked for a little tractor,but I am completely happy with it's performance.
The driver space is a little small, or maybe it wasn't designed for me at 6'2''.
If it helps any, I paid 3 times that much for the tractor/FEL,brush hog,tiller, and boxblade and I still feel it was a good deal.

If you get the Iseki,Please, either put or have put on it a ROPS of some kind, mine has gone over twice even with the rear wheels at their widest . Mine seems to have a high center of gravity.
David

Attachments

• 267838-pond4.2411.JPG
    267838-pond4.2411.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 5,636
   / Iseki TS1610
THANKS TO ALL!!!
It is a 2-wheel drive, but I'll mainly use it for cutting grass, so I don't think I'll need a 4-wheel drive. Good idea on the ROPS. I'll build one for it.
This board is really nice, I appreciate all the responses. I'll post more IF I buy it. I haven't seen it yet, the guy is still waiting on them to arrive. He says he's getting 3 or 4 of them.
Daveo.

/ Iseki TS1610 #8  
ROPS will not stop the tractor from tipping over. If you roll the tractor over you are operating outside of its operational limits. DO NOT rely on ROPS to save your life.

/ Iseki TS1610 #9  
Well put EFC.... I agree 100%.
I haven't tipped mine over, but my freind has while using it and I was very glad to have put something on it to keep it from going on over. I have had mine to a point of feeling unstable on hillsides and it seems to be a LOT less of an angle on it than on my last tractor {massey 30B}, I believe its the "height to width"ratio.
David

/ Iseki TS1610 #10  
<font color="red"> mine has gone over twice even with the rear wheels at their widest </font>

I am not trying to flame you or anything, but I think if you have went over twice it may be operator error.