Iseki Blue Paint

/ Iseki Blue Paint #1  

larso1

Gold Member
Tractor
Iseki TS1610F 4x4
Has anyone found a close match in a spray can to the Iseki blue paint color, particularly on the TS series? I found a Krylon Safety Blue which matches the cap of the can real close, but the actual paint color comes out more like a soft baby blue instead of the vivid color on the tractor. There are a few places on the sheet metal that I'd like to touch up. Thanks in advance,

Bill in CO

/ Iseki Blue Paint #2  
To expand on your request, I would like to see paint matches for all of the Iseki models ( TS,TL,TU,TA,ect.).
Thank Rick

/ Iseki Blue Paint #3  
I am attaching a picture of a TX1500 that I painted using Ford Blue. It turned out real nice.

Attachments

• 55-227557-TX1500F-ebay.jpg
    55-227557-TX1500F-ebay.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,540
   / Iseki Blue Paint #4  
The closest one I found so far in a spray can is Rustoleum "Sail Blue"... it is not exact it is lighter than the Ford Blue but a wee bit darker than the Iseki Blue... If you are painting a whole part or parts that are not directly next too or touching the original paint, it is a pretty close match..... Ofcourse, like any paint job, if the original paint is faded or oxidized in any way, new paint, even if it was the original paint code will not match exactly...

Options, paint the entire tractor a new color of blue viz viz Ford NH Blue as done in the previous post... or take a part to your favorite body shop... many use spectrometers that will actually match the paint and can probably come reasonable close to the color.... Obviously, this will be more expensive than a $3.99 can of store bought paint..

Another option is to actually get the paint code from Iseki or an Iseki Dealer... It is quite possible Iseki is using a paint not made in Japan... Many folks in Asia use German paints......

Anyway, let us know if you come across another option...

/ Iseki Blue Paint #5  
I take a piece of sheet metal to my local Ace hardwarw. They scan it and mix oil base paint to match. It usually matches great. I then use a fine hair brush and touch up what I need . If I need a larger area I mix it and use a rechargable spray can. I have even used a foam roller to do larger jobs on other types of equipment and it turned out pretty good for an industrial type finish.

/ Iseki Blue Paint #6  
Dang Brent...want to paint my service truck?...for that matter I will send you my wife’s car. I would be afraid to get that beauty dirty...it would be a travesty /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Iseki Blue Paint #7  
Buck I usually don't like to paint my tractors because some folks think you are trying to hide something. In this tractors case it looked like the former owner had tried to paint it with a mop! No joke, my 5 year old could have done a better job than the last guy that owned the tractor. I paint one from time to time as needed. There is a sense of accomplishment when they are finished. Especially after my wife has been in the shop, seen tractor parts everywhere and swears that it will never go back together again.

/ Iseki Blue Paint #8  
Nothing wrong with painting them if they deserve it.

/ Iseki Blue Paint #9  
He had better be careful, Blue , Black and White. He might be on that list with the JD/ NH guys.

/ Iseki Blue Paint #10  
It isn't black, that is Massey gray. Well crap, I guess I am in trouble with the AGCO folks now.