Is this normal on Kiotis?

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
On all of the hydrostatic transmission tractors I have owned, when I let off of the hyro pedals the tractor would stop. I hardly ever used the brakes. On slopes the tractors roll very slowly, then I would need to use the breaks.

On my CK3510SE, it stops on flat ground, but on slopes the tractor rolls almost like it is out of gear. This happens in forward or reverse. This makes it difficult to hook up attachment & to use the forks to load or unload something.

Is this normal?

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #2  
I don't have a K brand, but level or slope, I never get off the seat without setting my parking brake.

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #3  
Does this model have the speed adjustment knob? It has a icon of a tractor on both sides to indicate faster slower.
It is the adjustment setting knob to change the response of the HST when the pedal is released.
It will go from a short slow coast to a sudden stop depending on the adjustments made.
Could not determine this by the Kioti site, only that it has a linked pedal.
If it does have this adjustment knob, just play with it and adjust to your comfort for response.
Also, whenever I'm hooking up, brakes are set HST in neutral (part of the safety feature I have or it shuts down).
And set bucket on the ground to contribute to the 'it ain't moving factor'

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #4  
On all of the hydrostatic transmission tractors I have owned, when I let off of the hyro pedals the tractor would stop. I hardly ever used the brakes. On slopes the tractors roll very slowly, then I would need to use the breaks.

On my CK3510SE, it stops on flat ground, but on slopes the tractor rolls almost like it is out of gear. This happens in forward or reverse. This makes it difficult to hook up attachment & to use the forks to load or unload something.

Is this normal?

No it is not. Mine will almost throw you "thru the windshield" if you are going down hill rapidly and jerk your foot off of the forward pedal. it should work just like you said in the first paragraph. Yours has a problem.

/ Is this normal on Kiotis?
I don't have a K brand, but level or slope, I never get off the seat without setting my parking brake.

I do not get off of my tractors without setting the parking brake either.

Does this model have the speed adjustment knob? It has a icon of a tractor on both sides to indicate faster slower.
It is the adjustment setting knob to change the response of the HST when the pedal is released.
It will go from a short slow coast to a sudden stop depending on the adjustments made.
Could not determine this by the Kioti site, only that it has a linked pedal.
If it does have this adjustment knob, just play with it and adjust to your comfort for response.
Also, whenever I'm hooking up, brakes are set HST in neutral (part of the safety feature I have or it shuts down).
And set bucket on the ground to contribute to the 'it ain't moving factor'

I do not see any kind of adjustment knob on the tractor or in the manual.
I also set the parking brake before getting off of the tractor.
My problem is that the tractor rolls away from the attachment in the very short time it takes to move my foot from the the hydo pedal to the brake. This is the down side of having the hydro & brake pedals on the same side.

No it is not. Mine will almost throw you "thru the windshield" if you are going down hill rapidly and jerk your foot off of the forward pedal. it should work just like you said in the first paragraph. Yours has a problem.

Thank you, I will contact the service dept.

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #6  
I have a 2015 CK27. On somewhat level ground and in netural with the brake set or not the tractor does not move. When it gets on a slope it will move, which I will lower the FEL or Box Blade depending on direction of slope before I get off the tractor. I don't just rely on the foot brake ! Sounds like your hydro pedal needs adjusted ?

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #8  
Do you have something similar to this control?

Capturen.GIF

On mine that adjusts how the HST reacts from real grabby to a long coast to stop....

/ Is this normal on Kiotis? #9  

View attachment 604701

On mine that adjusts how the HST reacts from real grabby to a long coast to stop....

That's the one....I just could not get to taking a pics......thanks for adding that....let's see what OP says now....

/ Is this normal on Kiotis?

View attachment 604701

No, my CK3510SE does not have that adjustment.

I stopped in at the dealer & talked to the service manger this morning. I explained my issue. He called me back this afternoon. He said he called Kioti & was told that there is no adjustment for this. He said that he test drove a couple of tractors on their lot. He said that they did the same thing I explained. He offered to come look at my tractor this afternoon. Since I only have about 6 hours of time on the tractor & I am coming from a tractor that had brake pedals on the left side. I decided I needed to get more experience on this tractor. If later I still think it is a problem, I told him I would get back to him.