Is this a standard elec connector? (pic)

/ Is this a standard elec connector? (pic) #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
This is the seat safety switch connector on my L3940. I'd like to buy another one of these so I can jumper the aftermarket one, plug it in, & have done no damage/ mods to factory connector/ wiring.

Where can I get one?

Thank you ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 549
   / Is this a standard elec connector? (pic)
Oops ... Nevermind, I think ... Just dawned on me I can just unscrew the other "plunger" switch right next to it & let it dangle free. I think that switch over-rides the seat switch shown in the pic.

For anybody who might've read my two posts above: It didn't work; Removing the two screws & letting the plunger switch just dangle didn't work.

I thought it would since it would be the equivalent of the seat being up leaning on the steering wheel at all times. But, apparently Kubota made that switch operate so that if your seat is UP you can run the PTO but not actually move the tractor ... since a press of the hydro pedal kills the engine.

So, I ended up just jumpering across the two wires going to the in-seat switch, so it thinks I'm sitting on the seat at all times.

The Fine Print: I do not recommend anybody else do this.

/ Is this a standard elec connector? (pic) #4  
Didn't you read the other couple of recent threads about Seat vs. Tilt switch functions/issues? :p:D

I applaud you for the "don't try this at home".
Plenty of people have, and will continue to, jumper their seat switches, but at least it won't be on your conscience. :)

/ Is this a standard elec connector? (pic) #5  
I don't know if I want to jumper it out but I do know that it's way too sensitive. If I lean to the side to see around the hood, say while connecting up the front bucket the switch will shut the engine off. I wonder how hard it would be to add a timer so the tractor could run for a couple of seconds or adjust it so it's not so sensitive. If I jumpered it I would love to add a switch to kill the engine if the tractor leans, say past 45, too far.

I'm only about 155, so the stinking seat switch kills it all the time. It gets very old having a brand new tractor do that.

But also, right now I'm clearing trails, & I just don't want to have to turn off the PTO every single time I have to jump off the tractor to cut one branch.

I know this has the potential to remove some toes, or worse, but obviously I'm taking that chance.

/ Is this a standard elec connector? (pic) #7  
I zip tied my seat switch in the closed pos, booby trapped the PTO, put a land mine under the hydro pedal and a kill switch on the oil pressure sending unit:)

Really... a zip tie works.

/ Is this a standard elec connector? (pic) #8  
Dial the spring pressure on the seat suspension down a bit. Did that on mine and it helped.

Dial the spring pressure on the seat suspension down a bit. Did that on mine and it helped.

I did that right off the bat, & it helped a little with the super-sensitive cutting off ... but of course still wouldn't let me jump off the tractor with the PTO running :)