Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves?

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Does anyone make a very thin pair of battery heated gloves that will allow me to work for three hours outside in the cold with hand tools and smaller sized parts?

I need to help with an outside tool job and that means I have to have a degree of dexterity to handle tools and parts. I used to use a thin pair of leather men's dress gloves but the temps will be below what I can do with those and my hands will get cold. Any suggestions?

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #2  
I have heated gloves for occasional motorcycle riding but they are not thin.
Below is a link I found for thin heated gloves. Don't know if they would work for you.

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves?
   / Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #4  
I would guess - the thinnest will be those made for use on a motorcycle. I had heated gloves when we rode snowmobiles in Alaska. They were pretty bulky but really kept your hands warm.

Thin heated gloves and some degree of dexterity don't really seem to go together very well.

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #5  
When I HAVE to go out in damn cold weather, like today, AND know I'm going to be using my fingers. First - I think twice about this foolish act and be certain it's justified.

I have, at least, a dozen pair of gloves. Three pair came with me when we moved down from Alaska. They are paw/thumb only and two pair are designed to function down to minus 70 F. They have multiple removable liners. At least one liner is fingered.

Anyhow - I put on the fingered liner and the outer shell. The hand stays warm and the liner keeps it warm when I remove the shell to do more intricate hand/finger work.

These three cold weather gloves are by - Eddie Bauer, Outdoor Research & Carhart. Outdoor Research cost approx - $225. Eddie Bauer - about $175. Carhart - ~$80.

When you and your snowmachine are 150 to 200 miles from BF Nowhere - you don't want to loose control of your hands.

Last edited:
   / Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves?
I have heated gloves for occasional motorcycle riding but they are not thin.
Below is a link I found for thin heated gloves. Don't know if they would work for you.

This is the best chart and comparison of thinner, heated gloves. For anyone looking for a comparison, this is it. Thank you.

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #7  
I would guess - the thinnest will be those made for use on a motorcycle. I had heated gloves when we rode snowmobiles in Alaska. They were pretty bulky but really kept your hands warm.

Thin heated gloves and some degree of dexterity don't really seem to go together very well.
I hear ya. Tough to find thin men's gloves, period.
Anyone have any of these? How do they run size wise? I have rather large hands, and it's hard to find any gloves that fit.

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #8  
Try this: slip on a pair of vinyl disposable gloves, then put your hands into the heated gloves. For jobs that need finger dexterity, take off the heated gloves. The vinyl gloves will hold the heat in for awhile. When they get cold, slip them back into the heated gloves for awhile.

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #9  
I had very good service from Gerbing gloves, and for that matter... a complete suit to wear when riding my Harley in the cold. Plugged into the bike was great for the suit and gloves plugged into the suit...However, I did have to buy my Wife a set of gloves with batteries because we only had one power supply cord on our first trip out, and She needed gloves, like right NOW! So battery powered worked for her, with a pair of spare batteries in her pockets in case She started getting low on power.
Ebay seems to be a good place to look for Gerbing...
David from jax

/ Is there such a thing as very thin battery heated gloves? #10  
Try this: slip on a pair of vinyl disposable gloves, then put your hands into the heated gloves. For jobs that need finger dexterity, take off the heated gloves. The vinyl gloves will hold the heat in for awhile. When they get cold, slip them back into the heated gloves for awhile.

I do this (put disposable gloves on first) with regular non-heated gloves; it helps tremendously.