Is there any way to slow down 3PH?

/ Is there any way to slow down 3PH?
I can only see the jerking as the up lifting from the control lever is just touched in small increments.

I would assume some sort of flow control device seal has gone bad.

My machine will do this same jerking fast up lift when the tiny lever is in the wrong place under the seat. Or the lift just doesn't function at all. It's sure puzzling how your machine doesn't have that tiny adjustment lever.

Now your trick to keep the 3PT auger level is niffty. I'll have to do mine as well. Thanks! :)
My machine does have a small lever just to the side of the knob. It only controls the lowering speed though. I tried bottoming out the knob and raising the 3PH. The relief squeals of course. Then I backed off the knob a bit and tried raising the 3PH. That worked to slow the rise but the relief will squeal if I move the control lever too much too fast. So I backed off the knob a little more and this seems to work but I'm afraid something might be damaged if I use the knob that way. I think you are right, something is wrong, like a bad seal. I'm glad you like the counterweight idea because it works so well for me.
Eric